Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preview from the London Evening Standard

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
This made me smile...

Charlton v Scunthorpe
Tomorrow, 3pm, The Valley
This will be a featured match on Saturday's Score - 1430 BST on BBCi and
bbc.co.uk/score and The Championship on ITV at 10am Sunday.

Odds:Charlton 8/15, Draw 3/1, Scunthorpe 6/1

Referee: S.Tanner
Assistant Referees: S. Creighton, D. Sheldrake
Fourth Official: W. Barratt

Who says Scunthorpe fans are ugly? Well, they do actually. Iron have
launched an online campaign to get more fans to travel to away on their
official coaches, but as one of their supporters posted on an internet
messageboard this week. "It's not just the bus, it's the company you keep, I
wouldn't want to travel with the cast of The Hills Have Eyes
." Addicks will
be without midfielder Matt Holland (cartilage) as look to avoid a repeat of
last year's horror show.
VERDICT: ADDICKS WIN UGLY

Comments

• Options
    Hate that sh*trag.
    Even when they are previewing us against Scunthorpe they concentrate on the oppo. W*nkers.
    All true Charlton fans boycott the (sub)Standard. FACT!!!
  • Options
    Wouldn't buy this garbage paper,have no time for papers that have no time for us.
  • Options
    I love the "london" evening standard , on the eve of the new football season in the capitol we are treated to a two page feature on "manchester" city
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Substandard is an absolute fooking disgrace of a paper. From front cover to back. Dirtyt, stinking, reactionary tory rag.

Anybody have fun looking through the 'property' section lately - unless I'm going nuts the vast majority of Londoners can't afford a three million pound house in Begravia. All designed to rub it in the face of the common man of course. I wouldn't wipe my arse on it and have NEVER forgiven them for "Leth Them Die" when we were forced to move to Selhurst. Scum
  • Options
    Does anyone have a copy of that "Let Them Die" clipping? I've seen it somewhere on interwebs but can't remember where...
  • Options
    The metro is sh*t. The standard is an ok read for a half hour train journey.

The problem the Standard has is that its of "Red top" quality but they try to market it as a competitor to the more serious broadsheets. So it becomes slightly laughable.
  • Options
    No the problem with the Standard is that it is shit, full of shit and written by shits. Like the Express and the Mail it is for the wannabe middle classes, who like to pretend they are interested in £2000 dresses, and homes in belgravia, when all they can really afford is top shop and a flat in Neasden. Don't even get me started on their fascist politics. At least the metro is free!
  • Options
    lol, nice one Algae.
  • Options
    Fantastic! I had no idea how many shared my contempt for that rswipe. Same rag that berated us for moaning about Noades's hovel as it was something like "just a 20 minute bus ride away". Laughable, uninformed, reactionary dirge.