Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next 3 games

Three tough games coming up.

Bolton (A) 17th Feb
Portsmouth (H) 24th Feb
Derby (A) 27th Feb

I don't think they will decide our fate, but we could really do with picking up a few points. What's a good return from the upcoming games?
Would 2 points be considered ok? (even just 1 point ?).

3 or more would be lovely, but just can't see it sadly 

Comments

• Options
    I don’t think we’ll lose all 3. But I’m not sure where the point(s) will come from. I’ll be happy with 2 points out of these 3 games. It’ll probably look a bit grim after those 3 games but it’s March and April where we should expect to pick up enough points to stay up. 
  • Options
    Will be either 2 or 4 points I reckon 

Yes I have been drinking all night
  • Options
    We always beat Pompey, Derby aren’t that great. So - LWD , in Nathan we trust. 
  • Options
    edited February 14
    Saving grace is Portsmouth in the middle, so there's 3 points straightaway, I reckon 4 would be ok...🤔
  • Options
    edited February 14
    One at best, sorry we just leak goals, and will need to score at least 2 to get a win. I can't see that against any of the above. Seemed to have a hold over Pompey, so if it can happen against any of them I guess it's them 
  • Options
    It would be charlton to come out of that run of games with 6 points. 
  • Options
    After these 3 games our run in basically couldn't be easier. Plenty of opportunity to pick up points after. If we could somehow nick 4 points from these 3 games that would be amazing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get just a point and then need 5 or 6 wins out of last 11 ie near play off form. 
  • Options
    Zero points. Given our form I think we’ll need a miracle now to stay up. 
  • Options
    It's Charlton so I've learnt to expect zero points from this next 3. It's just as likely though that we ruin Pompey's promotion push with an Ex Southampton manager and nick something at Derby. 
  • Options
    I think we win one of those
  • Options
    1 Bolton 3 Portsmouth 0 Derby
  • Options
    2 points max! More likely to be 0
  • Options
    We’ve managed one point from the reverse fixtures, with two of the matches at home. I highly doubt we’ll get more than that this time round. 

I presume by the time we get to the end of this set of fixtures the teams around us will have played some of their games in hand which means things could look pretty bleak by the start of March. 
  • Options
    Bolton (A) Draw
    Portsmouth (H) Win
    Derby (A) Lose
  • Options
    4 points required and possible, although I wouldn't rule out a surprise away win too add to the total.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 points would be very good but that’s two more than I’m expecting it to be. Things are going to look a lot worse by the end of February, the hope being that things then get better.

BUT once you are in the bottom four it’s hard to get out. In my opinion it’s about five clubs fighting over the last relegation place. The four teams other than us are all in better form and most of them are perennial strugglers and used to being in this position and know what it takes to get out of it. I’m far from sure we have the players to pull this round. We are in a battle, do we have enough players up for the fight. Cheltenham away is the pivitol game. By the time that comes around they will likely be above us. Lose and it could be curtains. People point out we have 14 games to go but we haven’t won in 15 and people are saying we need to win five or six of the remaining games. Everything is against that happening as things stand.
  • Options
    edited February 14
    to be honest I have a feeling when we get the win at last it will be against a team we dont expect so maybe one of these 3.

I just feel if we can get that first win we will go on a bit of a run with the games in March and April. 
  • Options
    edited February 14
    Optimist in me , 5 points for the month.
    Pessimist , zero points.

I thought we were going to get zero points out of last night, especially when we went a goal behind, thought the lads did well , and were probably gutted they didn't win.

With Alfie , DK , Ladapo cameos , and what a banger that was by the way, i actually stayed in my seat , i was in so much shock!  and Chuks back as well i hope it will breed some confidence, would take a point at Bolton, would be ecstatic with a smash and grab, not a smashie and nicey.

We just need to get the confidence juices flowing again.
  • Options
    1 point at best although we have the capacity to surprise. The important thing for me is that we come out of these three games with our goal difference (15) reduced to no more than 9. It’s still worth a point. Despite being crap we haven’t had a real pasting this season and we need to keep that up. 
  • Options
    I am probably getting carried away by a much more spirited and determined attitude on the pitch last night but I believe we are coming out of the next few fixtures with at least some extra points on the board, COYR!
  • Options
    Take it one game at a time and try and win it. It's league one so we'll have a chance in every game no one to be scared of 
  • Options
    I reckon 1 point at best vs Pompey despite me going to all three. I think we will be in the bottom 4 come March, but by then we will have settled into Jones’ preferred style and go on to get 4 wins from 6, which will still leave us needed 2 from April. A tall order - it will go down to the wire.
  • Options
    The one positive is that we will have more space going forward. 

I'm worried our midfield and defense will struggle under the pressure though. We manage to concede when the other team barely have a chance, so we'll have to ride our luck in these games to be in with a shout. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Player for player we're not much worse (if at all) than any of these. I think they'll all be close games
    Problem is we can’t defend and the goals have dried up. Quite where the next clean sheet comes from I’m struggling with. Judging on the evidence of last night we’ll certainly huff and puff but we couldn’t blow the skin off a rice pudding let alone blow the house down.