Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

South East London relegation treble ?

Can it happen? Charlton, Millwall and Palace all
in shocking form ! 

Comments

• Options
    Palace won't go down. Luton, Burnley and Sheff Utd are worse sides and there's a chance of Forest and Everton (again) being deducted points for failing FFP.

Millwall i think will be ok, they're on a poor run but i'm sure there's 3 worse sides than them.

Which leaves us as far more likely of the trio to go down.
    I don’t think Luton are worse than palace but the FFP thing will save them
  • Options
    Need to change the title to South East London double with a Surrey club added.
    We might as well go the whole hog and treat it like an old-fashioned joke:

A Kent club, a Surrey club and a C*** club walked into relegation places ...

• Options
    I don’t think any of the three will go down. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lack of identity for palace is a reason plenty of their fans move to Bromley,  an area that people who are lacking in a sense of self worth with a limited amount of character migrate to .
    These places on the outskirts of London who latterly grabbed a ‘London Borough ‘ headline but lack the self esteem of an SE postcode just leave a mixed up confused bunch of beings wandering aimlessly looking for a personality .
    😂😂😂😂

Stealing this
  • Options
    edited February 15
    If I can stop 😂 after reading Oohaah's post, i would like to be serious 😞

How can South London and it's suburbs be a hot bed of footballers especially in the last 40 odd years of Caribbean and African lads living there, are just nursery clubs for the rest of London, the UK, Europe, world, infinity and beyond.
  • Options

How can South London and it's suburbs be a hot bed of footballers especially in the last 40 odd years of Caribbean and African lads living there, are just nursery clubs for the rest of London, the UK, Europe, world, infinity and beyond.

Yeah was thinking the same. We had 2 academy players starting for Nigeria in the Afcon final with another on the bench and here we are facing a relegation battle to stay in league 1
  • Options
    Palace won't go down. Luton, Burnley and Sheff Utd are worse sides and there's a chance of Forest and Everton (again) being deducted points for failing FFP.

Millwall i think will be ok, they're on a poor run but i'm sure there's 3 worse sides than them.

Which leaves us as far more likely of the trio to go down.
    Will you just let us enjoy a few minutes of hope before you bring us back to reality  :|
  • Options
    I got curious and looked at Wikipedia for a bit. If I'm reading right, there has never been a season when both Charlton and Palace have gone down, and 1990 was the only time it's happened to us and Millwall in the same season. Could be a moment of history.
  • Options
    What's that clip of/from ? Looks like the football version of the Alamo.
  • Options
    Atherstone Ball Game is one of the replying comments on the tweet
  • Options
    Good grief thanks yes just looked it up, amazed old bill allow such street violence.  
  • Options
    Good grief thanks yes just looked it up, amazed old bill allow such street violence.  
    Sounds like the 2023 version was a bit more extreme than even they suspected
  • Options
    It's in Warwickshire so a low chance of anyone getting brain damage. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 15
    Jac_52 said:

Yeah was thinking the same. We had 2 academy players starting for Nigeria in the Afcon final with another on the bench and here we are facing a relegation battle to stay in league 1

Great example Jac 52:
    Semi Ajayi: Part of a very successful U21'S under Nathan Jones. Only offered a six month contract despite all of the London football clubs and their scouts knowing he was a prospect. Left and received a 2 year contract with Arsenal.

Joe Aribo: spent 3 years with Kinetic academy where he started off as a CB and defensive player until the main coach saw that he could become an attacking midfielder. Finished his academy years and went to Staines, played in men's football and came to Cafc at just 19. Then on the same day we got promoted under Bowyer he walked away as his contract offer was derisory. Played more games than anyone else in Europe for Rangers the season they reached that European final. He ended up as a striker in that final as he was the last fit forward left !

Ademola Lookman: I knew his best buddy from Waterloo boys team who was a part time footballer, An agent who was involved in Lookman coming to Charlton at 16ish and they both said the reason that the he came to Cafc was because if he progressed he would be given opportunities in the 1st team within two years. I'm sure many clubs say this mantra but at Cafc we know that occurs. This came to fruition with Lookman.

Can Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea say that to a 16 year who wasn't already in the elite group of youngsters. Lookman had been told he was too small by many clubs when he went for trials.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:

That’s because we sold em. 

Koeman have you got another 11 million you plonker🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.We have a few more useful players you can buy.
  • Options
    Maybe. But I’ll never consider Palace a true South East London team. 
    nor millwall - isle of dogs, east london  
  • Options
    Lack of identity for palace is a reason plenty of their fans move to Bromley,  an area that people who are lacking in a sense of self worth with a limited amount of character migrate to .
    These places on the outskirts of London who latterly grabbed a ‘London Borough ‘ headline but lack the self esteem of an SE postcode just leave a mixed up confused bunch of beings wandering aimlessly looking for a personality .
    quite right - i've always found it a bit embarrassing that we have a Bromley Supporters Club and we make our club staff etc go there - I know we have supporters clubs much further afield but Bromley? really?    
  • Options

Having grown up in Orpington and not been proper London and not been proper Kent this is bang on. How I longed for an SE postcode for a bit of edge  :D
  • Options

Having grown up in Orpington and not been proper London and not been proper Kent this is bang on. How I longed for an SE postcode for a bit of edge  :D
    But luckily you have ulez now,thanks Mr Mayor