Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reid is new captain

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
A bit suprised but i'm pleased.

Comments

• Options
    Gets to go first at the buffet.
  • Options
    Surprised.

Does that mean McCarthy isnt a definite starter and whoever Pards gets in will be first choice with Bougy?

Maybe Fortune tomorrow?
  • Options
    Source Mart?????

If he is then, Pards has got to be seeing him as a regular, so i've a little bit of humble pie to eat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]Source Mart?????

If he is then, Pards has got to be seeing him as a regular, so i've a little bit of humble pie to eat.

Reid takes the Addicks armband

by Tony Hudd
    Charlton Athletic v Scunthorpe United

REPUBLIC of Ireland international midfielder Andy Reid has been handed the captaincy for Charlton's opening Championship home game against Scunthorpe on Saturday.

Manager Alan Pardew ended weeks of speculation when he announced on Friday: "Andy will take the captain's armband.

"I think he has a fantastic personality and he's a winner. Sometimes he gets frustrated but he will learn and improve by having the captaincy."

England Under-21 international winger Jerome Thomas is likely to miss the season's curtain-raiser with a hamstring strain, but former MK Dons leading scorer Izale McLeod will be involved following his £1.55 million signing this week.

China captain Zheng Zhi will not be involved.

"The squad has had a radical overhaul and a positive look," said Pardew. "I’m sure our season will be a winning one, though I don’t think we’re the promotion favourites because ours is such a new squad.

"I do feel that our season will be influenced more by the players we’ve retained rather than the new signings."
  • Options
    Cheers!
  • Options
    So going by the last line Pards thinks that Holland, Bent, Faye, Reid, Ambrose and Reid will get us up...?
  • Options
    has to be a older face,then again hes hardly been at charlton for long
  • Options
    Isn't Reid about 24? Not exactly ancient...
  • Options
    But he's been at the club almost a whole year.

Probably about 3rd joint longest serving player now.

;-)