Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alexei Navalny RIP

Comments

• Options
    Maybe this is why Farage likes Putin so much? 
  • Options
    I never wish anyone death or harm but in Putins case I’d happily see him die by falling out of a third floor window. RIP Navalny
    Better still, a first floor window, over and over and over again.
  • Options
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/tucker-carlson-putin-navalny-dead-b2497560.html

Tucker Carlson, Putin’s ‘useful idiot’  getting a well deserved kicking over his recent dealings with the murdering thug.
  • Options
    What a terrible country to live in, no democracy and a leader who is a tyrant. Couple of other countries not far behind,
  • Options
    Unfortunately it was only a matter time. RIP
  • Options
    edited February 16
    Bailey said:
    masicat said:
    Maybe this is why Farage likes Putin so much? 
    Eventually, Boris Johnson, Trump and Farage's connections to Russia and Putin will surface, then you will find that Brexit was paid for to destabilise Europe and if Trump gets back in world war three is just around the corner.   
    Are there corners on a flat earth?

RIP Alexei.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Trump wants to pull US troops and weapons out of Eastern Europe, effectively undoing everything NATO has achieved in deterring russian aggression. Can you just imagine how the Baltic nations of Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania are feeling. The NATO pact will still remain that if one NATO member is attacked then it’s considered that all have been attacked. Conflict is assured. Trump undoubtedly has links to The Kremlin. Trumps NATO intentions are everything Putin has wanted at a stroke. I’ll be amazed if there is not some further conflict in Europe outside of Ukraine within the next ten years. Trump is a madman and Putin an evil madman. What could possibly go wrong. Navalny’s death is a tragedy and another step in Putins path to something unthinkable.
    That was so well put Shooters, actually puts it exactly as I see it. I'm sorry if people disagree, but I am happy with anyone's take on the situation, every ones opinion is valid. I just find it amazing that after the murders in Salisbury, countless murders of his own citizens, including the Oligarchs who suddenly started flying out of windows, that people can't see where this is heading. Perhaps they don't want too, but I promise you that if Trump undermines NATO, Putin will attack the Baltics and Poland in an attempt to recreate the Iron curtain, and NATO will invoke article 5 and without the USA we will lose very very badly. 
  • Options
    RIP

Excellent documentary on iPlayer that followed him around for a bit showing the threats he faced on a daily basis.
    Think it's simply called,  Navalny
  • Options
    Typical Russian response
    The West is acting hysterical and is all the fault of the West
    Putin is a bully and is surrounded by gangsters 
    I feel sorry for many of the Russian people but unfortunately don’t see much hope of a regime change
  • Options
    Can’t help thinking that he could have undermined Putin more from outside Russia, being alive, instead of inside dead.
    Never understood why he went back.
  • Options
    Don't be surprised if Putin discovers that Navalny was murdered by a prison guard who will then be arrested and executed. So, nothing to see here - move along............
  • Options
    edited February 17
    So predictable RIP Alexei Navalny, brave man.
  • Options
    The whole world knows Putin was responsible for this and he's happy with that. It's his was of saying "This is what happens when you stand in my way".
  • Options
    I’m sure that Putin will be kicked out of office at the next completely democratic and fair elections 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow, what a brave man. Navalny put his principles first and foremost despite unbelievable danger and has finally paid the price. Huge respect.
  • Options
    Think the Doomsday Clock just moved closer to midnight 
  • Options
    Navalny’s message to the world if he did not survive custody…….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4PxsTqcZtw
  • Options
    Russians leaving flowers for him have been ‘detained’. Not even allowed to grieve 😢
  • Options
    https://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2024/02/16/amanpour-bianna-golodryga-evgenia-kara-murza-navalny.cnn

This interview with the wife of Vladimir Kara-Murza is well worth listening to - if only to see the heights of bravery that human beings can reach in the face of the KGB thug and murderer in the Kremlin.

Putin's treatment of Vladimir is very similar to that received by Navalny - poisoned (twice), falsely imprisoned, not treated properly for illness while in prison, prison location withheld from relatives, contact with relatives cruelly limited etc. etc.

Vladimir as well as being a Russian patriot is also a British citizen and David Cameron should be taking steps to secure his release from prison. He could start by threatening to send home the Russian Ambassador (who regularly tweets directly and through the Embassy account derogatory and undiplomatic statements, which almost certainly would not be tolerated if our Embassy in Moscow were to respond in kind) if Vladimir is not released immediately.  We need to stop being nice to the murderous thug in the Kremlin and his regime - who I suspect is a lot weaker than many here actually think.

• Options
    I used to think that once the war in Ukraine started to go wrong for Putin that there might be the possibility that there were high ranking military prepared to oust him. I was wrong. I think if Putin was in danger from within it would have materialised by now. We’re stuck with the murderous scumbag for the foreseeable I’m afraid.
  • Options
    sm said:
    https://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2024/02/16/amanpour-bianna-golodryga-evgenia-kara-murza-navalny.cnn

This interview with the wife of Vladimir Kara-Murza is well worth listening to - if only to see the heights of bravery that human beings can reach in the face of the KGB thug and murderer in the Kremlin.

Putin's treatment of Vladimir is very similar to that received by Navalny - poisoned (twice), falsely imprisoned, not treated properly for illness while in prison, prison location withheld from relatives, contact with relatives cruelly limited etc. etc.

Vladimir as well as being a Russian patriot is also a British citizen and David Cameron should be taking steps to secure his release from prison. He could start by threatening to send home the Russian Ambassador (who regularly tweets directly and through the Embassy account derogatory and undiplomatic statements, which almost certainly would not be tolerated if our Embassy in Moscow were to respond in kind) if Vladimir is not released immediately.  We need to stop being nice to the murderous thug in the Kremlin and his regime - who I suspect is a lot weaker than many here actually think.

James O’Brien had the same question as @EastTerrace above to Bill Browder (and I had that question too). In answer Browder cited Kara-Murza as his friend, whom he had also asked the question when he announced he was returning to Russia. K-M basically said it is his duty to his country. This deep attachment and commitment to Mother Russia is something that nearly all of us in the West are unable to comprehend, but it explains a lot of things, the mundane as well as the serious, about Russia and its people. 
  • Options
    An American journalist, Chris Wallace I believe, once interviewed Putin and flat-out asked him why so many of his opponents end up dead. Putin just smiled.

The whole world knows what happens to those who cross Putin. Navalny certainly knew it but went back anyway. I don't know if that makes him brave or stupid, maybe both, but he certainly put his money where his mouth was. RIP. 
  • Options
    400 people who placed flowers in memory and respect for Navalny were arrested and put in prison. Quite why people are still prepared to show any support for the monster Putin I have no idea. Not all of his supporters are on the gravy train. 
  • Options
    Fear.