Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Footballco select Charlton Athletic for Groundbreaking Content Partnership

Charlton Athletic and global football content and media company Footballco have joined forces on a new industry-leading sponsorship partnership that will give brands the opportunity to reach the coveted Gen-Z demographic.

The London club has been selected to partner with Footballco because of the Addicks’ position as the leading social purpose football organisation in the UK. The Charlton Athletic Community Trust is the biggest UK club charity; it has long been the foremost EDI [equality, diversity and inclusion] club in the country, and it is ranked sixth in the English Football League for sustainability. Its Academy – which draws its players from the streets of South London – ranks eighth in England, whilst Charlton Athletic Women’s Football Club currently stands top of the second tier.

For its part, Footballco - which has a monthly worldwide audience of 800 million fans - is home to a range of global, local and community football content brands, including GOAL, MUNDIAL, INDIVISA and Front Three.

Footballco president, Stefano d’Anna, said: “Charlton Athletic is an extraordinary organisation that demonstrates the power of football to inspire hope and transform communities. Its position within the multi-cultural communities of inner-city London gives it a rich flavour of authentic street football, reflected in the back stories of many of its young players.

“We have done extensive research into what both Gen Z consumers and brands want from football. And the Charlton vibe is what it is all about: urban, diverse, fun, aspirational content which tells authentic stories without the pomposity that can be associated with professional football clubs. After hearing on the industry grapevine about the ambitions and purpose of Charlton’s new owners, we felt that this would be the right partnership to really crack the Gen Z audience.”

Global Football Partners (GFP) took over Charlton Athletic and Charlton Athletic Women’s Football Club in July 2023. GFP co-owner Charlie Methven said: “This partnership has been six months in the making, and we are delighted that it has come to fruition. The depth of Footballco’s research and market knowledge has impressed us immensely, and the choice of Charlton to be their first club partner is a great validation for all parts of our organisation, including our wonderful community trust, our brilliant boys and girls academies, as well as CAFC and CAWFC themselvesOur executive teams thoroughly look forward to working with Footballco to produce exciting new content which will re-define how football can engage with a new generation of fans around the world.”

The strategic venture will see Charlton and Footballco going to market together, combining the rich brand identity of Charlton with Footballco’s huge audience and deep understanding of fan behaviour. Unlike traditional approaches to sponsorships, Charlton Athletic and Footballco’s partnership will enable brands to leverage both entities’ offerings through a single package.

Comments

• Options
    There was also this announcement from yesterday...

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/charlton-partner-building-bloc

I'm with you in that I'm not entirely sure what it all means, and what we can expect!

• Options
    I'm pleased your not the only one who couldn't understand what this is supposed to mean.
    Did Paul Elliott write it?
  • Options
    Maybe a Generation Z'er can explain this to me ?

• Options
    There was also this announcement from yesterday...

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/charlton-partner-building-bloc

I'm with you in that I'm not entirely sure what it all means, and what we can expect!

The Building Bloc is a creative agency nestled in the heart of South London. Our mission is to help brands within the Sports & Entertainment industry authentically connect with diverse audiences by blending the power of Black and youth culture with innovative strategies, content production, and valuable insights.

With authenticity and cultural relevance at the forefront, we forge deep connections brands and their new target audiences, leading with a refreshing perspective on creative ventures.

https://www.thebuildingbloc.co.uk/

• Options
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the large groups of kids I've seen at games recently, one group of which interviewed me with a Pringles can after the Northampton game. Good initiative if so! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps this is meant to justify out management's continued employment in the absence of a decent football team?
  • Options
    Our relegation worries are now over.
  • Options
    Another external vampire company who can leech consultancy fees from the club on an ongoing basis. 
  • Options
    Its complete jibberish 
  • Options
    Its complete jibberish 
    bullshit would be my take on it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 16
    I think this is aimed a different demographic than, most,  Charlton Life members.

Nothing wrong with reaching out to a different potential audience as long as it actually works and/or they are paying us large amounts of money to try.

If we are paying them then I'm not so sure.

As for not understanding it, as the great poet Robert Zimmerman once wrote

"And don't criticize what you can't understand
    Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command
    Your old road is rapidly aging
    Please get out of the new one if you can't lend your hand"

:) 
    I don't think I will like this scheme, if I eventually get to understand it, and I don't like Bob Dylan neither!
  • Options
    For some reason, and possibly unfairly, this reminds me of the bit in Sunderland til I Die where the CEO had decided to change the intro music from Dance of the Valkyries to some Ibiza stuff.

I just can’t remember his name though….
    was it Charley something?
  • Options
    "We have done extensive research into what both Gen Z consumers and brands want from football. And the Charlton vibe is what it is all about: urban, diverse, fun, aspirational content which tells authentic stories without the pomposity that can be associated with professional football clubs. After hearing on the industry grapevine about the ambitions and purpose of Charlton’s new owners, we felt that this would be the right partnership to really crack the Gen Z audience"

What the living fuck? Is this real life?
  • Options
    No idea, but unless it means Scott's days are numbered, you can shove it.
  • Options
    This has Elliott all over it, nonsense, bollocks, emperors new clothes.
  • Options
    Amazing ad placement with this post! 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    I think this is aimed a different demographic than, most,  Charlton Life members.

Nothing wrong with reaching out to a different potential audience as long as it actually works and/or they are paying us large amounts of money to try.

If we are paying them then I'm not so sure.

As for not understanding it, as the great poet Robert Zimmerman once wrote

"And don't criticize what you can't understand
    Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command
    Your old road is rapidly aging
    Please get out of the new one if you can't lend your hand"

:) 
    I don't think I will like this scheme, if I eventually get to understand it, and I don't like Bob Dylan neither!
    I do, wish I hadn't seen him live though, bloody painful.