Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nathan Jones and Phil Chapple

I did not realise that Chapple is head of scouting operations at Luton. NJ said”he’s right at the cutting edge of things with his decision making and what he sees is very good”
Still, why would we need someone like him when we have Andy Scott.

Comments

• Options
    I imagine Chapple's wedge would be a problem for us.
  • Options
    I suppose it depends how “close” Chappell and Jones are ? Luton are going to be shopping in quite different shops to us so I suppose Chappell might tip his old pal off about a young or good prospect that’s not ready or quite good enough for Luton. Maybe or maybe not. 
  • Options
    Do we really need a head of scouting when we've already got Andy Scott? 
  • Options
    We've had plenty of loan players from Luton in recent years, indeed one a year in Shinnie, Lee and Watson. I don't know whether that's down to the history between Chapple and the club. 

Why would be leave a PL club for a L1 one?
  • Options
    We've had plenty of loan players from Luton in recent years, indeed one a year in Shinnie, Lee and Watson. I don't know whether that's down to the history between Chapple and the club. 

I’m sure he wouldn’t.
  • Options

Andy Scott is Technical Director and on a wage commensurate with that position and Phil Chapple title is chief Scout at Luton.
    At Brighton, Phil was a European scout.

Players and Managers earn big time at Premier clubs but it really depend how the job is graded for all the coaches of the different age groups and even the chief scout.

It's all in the title.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do we really need a head of scouting when we've already got Andy Scott? 
    I assume Andy Scott will claim credit for us appointing NJ 🙁
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Chapple was at the Lincoln game last week....that's 3 games I have seen him at this season
    Scouting Kanu perhaps?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Chapple was at the Lincoln game last week....that's 3 games I have seen him at this season

Probably watching Joe Taylor who's currently on loan at Lincoln. Suspect he would have expected Watson to be involved too. 
  • Options
    During the Luton v Man U game, the camera panned in on mick Halford and called him head of recruitment. Not sure if that's true or how Phil Chappell fits in 
  • Options
    There was a piece in The i over the weekend about them both and Luton's use of data in transfers, etc. 

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town-cutting-edge-transfer-strategy-2911472
  • Options
    edited February 20
    Phil Chapple was chief scout at Charlton not long ago, wasnt he? Seem to remember people calling him shit.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Phil Chapple was chief scout at Charlton not long ago, wasnt he? Seem to remember people calling him shit.
    Never mind that, does anyone remember when he played up front for a couple of games ?