Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Andreas Brehme

Cardiac arrest.
63 years old.
Scored the only goal in the World Cup final vs Argentina (Italy 1990).

Comments

• Options
    RIP.  Scored the penalty in the final. I think there was this weird thing about him, in that he was left footed but took all his pens with his right foot.
  • Options
    Very good player and equally as good with either foot, which was rarity back then. No age at all.

RIP
  • Options
    Blimey, thats a shock.  Wand lf a left foot from
    what I can remember.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Great player

RIP
  • Options
    RIP.  Scored the penalty in the final. I think there was this weird thing about him, in that he was left footed but took all his pens with his right foot.
    Thought I was gonna wow everyone with this fact but you beat me to it.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    German tuff guy .. R I P
  • Options
    edited February 20
     86 caps for Germany from 84-94 and always looked like a power player whether playing on the right or left as an attacking full back (early wing back) and seemed to score in major tournaments.
    Andreas was ambidextrous and as mentioned, proved that with his penalty taking 
    Not only scoring the penalty kick that won the 90 WC final but the deflected goal off Parker that Shilton couldn't get too.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP also scored their goal via a deflection in the semi as well.
  • Options
    My word this guy could really hit a football. I hated that German side he was part of, mainly for breaking my heart as a child in 1990. 

Rest in peace 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Actually sad about that one.  He was part of the arrogant and despised - but incredibly talented German teams of that era.  This was when I first got into football and I always remember his buccaneering runs up and down the flank.  
    They don’t make them quite like him any more.  A real pioneer of that role.  Really can’t say that about many left-backs
    RIP Andreas