Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Rabble"

From the museum's newspaper archive

Comments

• Options
    Not surprised that you were one of the Rabble 😉
  • Options
    The following year was more eventful when Norris was there 
  • Options
    As someone who was part of that "rabble" Jack Linsdell can retrospectively go and f**k himself.

and his Doris.
  • Options

• Options
    I presume Jack Linsdell was replaced by Bill Treadgold ?
  • Options
    The Rabble is the name given to the vocal Dulwich Hamlet fans.
  • Options
    I presume Jack Linsdell was replaced by Bill Treadgold ?
    Correct
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We've always had overly busy fans 
  • Options
    Interesting to see the evolution of reporting. As much as Mr Linsdell was completely out of touch, fairly certain papers wouldn’t publish roads where people live these days in pontentially inflammatory pieces 
    It’s odd, what was the rationale for printing the street? I get why you might say so and do live in Kidbrooke, but printing the specific street sounds like a recipe for disaster.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Interesting to see the evolution of reporting. As much as Mr Linsdell was completely out of touch, fairly certain papers wouldn’t publish roads where people live these days in pontentially inflammatory pieces 
    It’s odd, what was the rationale for printing the street? I get why you might say so and do live in Kidbrooke, but printing the specific street sounds like a recipe for disaster.
    Different times, you would regularly have people like Mr Lindsell address in the programme and telephone number 
  • Options
    I have often assumed that some of you lot were a rabble, now finally its confirmed!
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    se9addick said:
    Different times, you would regularly have people like Mr Lindsell address in the programme and telephone number 
    Crazy! But why would that happen? So people could write to them? If so I guess it’s similar to publishing a Twitter handle (with some slightly scarier potential consequences!). 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    se9addick said:
    Crazy! But why would that happen? So people could write to them? If so I guess it’s similar to publishing a Twitter handle (with some slightly scarier potential consequences!). 
    Bookings for away travel and Supporters Club membership
  • Options
    edited February 23
    Bound to be unrest and upset people in attendance, what did they expect, just a good spirited chat over a glass of Pale Ale...well done to "The Rabble"...
    Shame on not one of the directors even  bothering to turn up for this...at least Lennie had the fan's concerns in mind...
  • Options
    Bound to be unrest and upset people in attendance, what did they expect, just a good spirited chat over a glass of Pale Ale...well done to "The Rabble"...
    Shame on not one of the directors even  bothering to turn up for this...at least Lennie had the fan's concerns in mind...
    to be fair they do have businesses to run
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doris the tea lady!
  • Options
    On the subject of addresses, always interesting watching re runs of The Big Match, and the late great Brian Moore reading viewers letters…

”we’ve had a letter from Paul Smith of 15 Hanover Gardens, Acton, West London…”
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The Rabble is the name given to the vocal Dulwich Hamlet fans.
    This almost perfectly encapsulates why I can't stand DH despite them being my (very) local club atm
  • Options
    Talking of fan power…….
    Curbs departure article on Talksport. 

Thank God for that.

I called up LBC once to say it was bollocks.

A small minority of callers to 5 live etc and club hopping 'Kelvins from Sevenoaks' probably perpetuated this myth but the vast majority of Charlton with any nous surely knew Curbs value and that he had us massively punching for years.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:
    As someone who was part of that "rabble" Jack Linsdell can retrospectively go and f**k himself.
    Would it have killed you to turn up to one fundraising disco?
    2 left feet mate