Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hmrc scam

Just to let you all know New scam out there from Hmrc through email or message don’t reply to it

Comments

• Options
    I had a call from 'HMRC' today from someone with an American accent. Put the phone down immediately.
  • Options
    If you do not recognise the number, do not answer
  • Options
    I get that scam call from HMRC regularly . 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    This.  If it’s a genuine call they will leave a message.
  • Options
    edited February 27
    I've had that call many times, ignore it and just hang up...they eventually give up!
    I've also reported it and has a response saying they are aware. I gave them all the info they wanted to try and track them down.
  • Options
    edited February 27
    ross1 said:

It's easy enough to make a number look like a different one so even if you do know the number you need to be very careful.  With AI and Deep fake it will be even more difficult!  Just see this...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/02/04/asia/deepfake-cfo-scam-hong-kong-intl-hnk/index.html

• Options
    I had a message about tax rebate like a fool I replied with in ten minutes they tried to take £200 and set a direct account up.
  • Options
    It sure is 
  • Options
    You work your nuts off all week and they take a days’ pay from you and spend it on MP’s duck ponds ?

Or is it another type of scam ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've just had a call from Arbroath offering me a free inspection of my loft insulation 🤔.
    Anyone else?
  • Options
    I've just had a call from Arbroath offering me a free inspection of my loft insulation 🤔.
    Anyone else?
    Yep had it yesterday very weird plus my daughter got the same call on her mobile! No good providing us loft insulation we live in a tent🤣