Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Farnham Town FC

Shout out for my local non league team who have won 24 of their 24 opening games in Combined Counties Premier South with a goal difference of +76. A record in English football pyramid levels 1 - 7. Best record in Europe.

Comments

• Options
    Outstanding. I live less than 5 miles away and never knew they existed. Playing Tooting & Micham next; they've fallen down a bit. I remember when John Dunn played in goal for them. I might just go on Saturday.
  • Options
    Shout out for my local non league team who have won 24 of their 24 opening games in Combined Counties Premier South with a goal difference of +76. A record in English football pyramid levels 1 - 7. Best record in Europe.
    We’ll beat that next year. 
  • Options
    edited February 28
    Went there about seven years ago, a quirky little ground.

A very pleasant town as well.
  • Options
    Are we talking about Farnham Surrey?
  • Options
    Are we talking about Farnham Surrey?
    The very same.
  • Options
    I love Farnham……the best place I have ever lived in The UK.
    Used to have my horse stabled at the beautiful Frensham Manor stables…..right next door to Frensham Ponds.
    Oh what happy days…….sigh. 
  • Options
    Used to have my horse stabled at the beautiful Frensham Manor stables…..right next door to Frensham Ponds.
    I live in Tilford which is next to Frensham
  • Options
    edited February 28
    kafka said:
    I live in Tilford which is next to Frensham
    Yes of course and what a lovely place too, top end property prices and some amazing gaffs…….The Barley Mow set on theTelford Cricket Green is amazing…..probably the most photographed pub and cricket ground in the country and appears on many calendars and biscuit tins etc……seen a huge poster for British Airways advert in of all places a Jakarta shopping mall.
  • Options
    edited February 28
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought you lived in Aldershot.
  • Options
    You have to be kidding……I did live in Upper Hale which is between Farnham and Aldershot……I would go into Aldershot as little as possible. 😕
  • Options
    Be interesting to see if Farnham Town can beat the record held by Jersey bulls of the Combined Counties League who went 27 consecutive games unbeaten in the 2019-2020 season before being halted due to COVID 19. 
    Jersey Bulls also went 31 games unbeaten in the 2020-2021 season.
  • Options
    You have to be kidding……I did live in Upper Hale which is between Farnham and Aldershot……I would go into Aldershot as little as possible. 😕
    Aldershot gets a bad rap and is to Farnham might be what Deptford is to Blackheath (unless Deptford is completely gentrified by now!) but as an Asian food lover it's stacked out with ethnic food outlets and restaurants and a huge fresh fish monger that draws me in. A few retired Ghurkas have opened restaurants that I keep meaning to try out.

Its bandit country for most Farnham folk who have been known to wear disguises when sneaking into the Lidl store that opened a couple of years back. 

Local paper told us recently that the town centre, (about the size of Charlton village) has 18 coffee shops/cafes, more per 1,000 population than London, I guess that's progress.
  • Options
    Aldershot gets a bad rap and is to Farnham might be what Deptford is to Blackheath (unless Deptford is completely gentrified by now!) but as an Asian food lover it's stacked out with ethnic food outlets and restaurants and a huge fresh fish monger that draws me in. A few retired Ghurkas have opened restaurants that I keep meaning to try out.

Its bandit country for most Farnham folk who have been known to wear disguises when sneaking into the Lidl store that opened a couple of years back. 

Local paper told us recently that the town centre, (about the size of Charlton village) has 18 coffee shops/cafes, more per 1,000 population than London, I guess that's progress.
    Obvious changed a bit!  30 odd years ago we used to do regular pub crawls, normally starting at the Nelson and finishing off in a curry house near the station.  Place used to be packed with proper pubs
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

Obvious changed a bit!  30 odd years ago we used to do regular pub crawls, normally starting at the Nelson and finishing off in a curry house near the station.  Place used to be packed with proper pubs
    Would be a coffe bar crawl today. Nelson still alive and kicking, my local live five doors away.
  • Options
    edited February 29
    My long departed Nan came from Farnham, but I  have never been there.