Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Women's Hall Of Fame 2024

This year, you can vote for the first person to be inducted into the Women's Hall Of Fame. With a much shorter history than for the men, there will only be three candidates and the one who receives the most votes will be the first name on the new Honours Board for the women's team. The candidates are:- 

KIM DIXSON
KAREN HILLS
PAULINE COPE

Just click on the link        Charlton Athletic Women's Hall of Fame 2024
Voting will close at 10pm on 24th March.

Comments

• Options
    Seriously?
  • Options
    Can't vote for Cope as she played for Millwall so Kim Dixson for me.
  • Options
    Seriously?
    Explain what you mean?
  • Options
    Can't vote for Cope as she played for Millwall so Kim Dixson for me.
    Kim coaches my daughters U14's girls team, have voted for her.
  • Options
    edited February 28

Why comment then? 

Pauline Cope for me; 60 England caps, in the England HoF, League Cup and FA Cup winner. Best keeper around during our best period
  • Options
    Why didn't Fara Williams make the short list? 
  • Options

Why comment then? 

Pauline Cope for me; 60 England caps, in the England HoF, League Cup and FA Cup winner. Best keeper around during our best period
    I don't believe i did 
  • Options
    Why didn't Fara Williams make the short list? 
    Probably the best player to play for Charlton women and went on to win a record breaking 177 caps for England. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why comment then? 

You have hit both nails.
    Copey all day long for me 🤗
  • Options
    Whilst Cope was clearly a level above from an ability perspective, how many games did she actually play over what period? Believe Kim played over 270 over a near two decades.

TBH be really interested to hear how the three were selected, I think as the first year two of the three should be very different! 

Charley Clifford, all time record appearances of 288?
    Kit Graham, all time record goal scorer 223
    Kim Dixson longest serving

All that said, Kim all the way for me!
  • Options

Why comment then? 

I don't believe i did 
    Don't be silly now. If you're going to go into a thread specifically to flaunt your ignorance at least have the courage to own it when you do
    I have no idea who to vote for because they are are talented footballers . What was you thinking ? 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Whilst Cope was clearly a level above from an ability perspective, how many games did she actually play over what period? Believe Kim played over 270 over a near two decades.

TBH be really interested to hear how the three were selected, I think as the first year two of the three should be very different! 

Charley Clifford, all time record appearances of 288?
    Kit Graham, all time record goal scorer 223
    Kim Dixson longest serving

All that said, Kim all the way for me!
    I think the level is pretty significant to be honest. You could make it a longevity competition but ultimately people will assess on different criteria. Cope could have feasibly claimed to be the best goalkeeper in the world at the time and won some top level honours in her time with us whereas some of our longest serving players were playing for us in the third division in comparison. I think Hills is probably making her way in due to her current role as manager, I'm surprised that Casey Stoney, Fara Williams or Eni Aluko didn't make it over her at this stage, but I'm sure given the profile of some of those players they'll be in the vote before long.
  • Options
    Tricky to choose so I went with the goalkeeper.