Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone know Kenny Archer?

edited February 28 in Not Sports Related
I am trying to trace a Kenny Archer, who was In the Boys' Brigade in Blackheath in the 1970s. He married my cousin and I have found something in my late mother's effects that I would like to pass on to her. If I recall correctly, he was a Charlton supporter so may be on here himself or known to someone here.

Comments

• Options
    He lived in Blaker Court Cherry Orchard Estate in the late 60’s/ early 70’s and was a mate of mine … lost touch completely though 
  • Options
    the power of this site.....fully expect Kenny to be traced by 7pm tonight
    I hope so...
  • Options
    Stupid question time. He married you cousin, did they have kids? Ask your cousin to ask the kids?
  • Options
    I have lost contact with my cousin and her sister; haven't seen them since their father's funeral many years ago. It's my cousin that I want to find if possible; however, I thought there was more possibility of members on here knowing her husband. 
  • Options
    I've had to trace a few people recently, also done some heir hunting in the past. There's a whole load of people who manage not to get themselves on public searchable databases and generally keep a low profile, no doubt for their own good reasons in many cases. Others like Matt Southall's missus are very 'here i am, look at me' .. Sometimes it's possible to log in or Facebook or LinkedIn and search from within those with rapid results.

Most usually you need more data points behind a first and last name, like year of birth, or marriage or place and work information. One brilliant, but limited, free site is https://www.freebmd.org.uk/. You can work out whether people have kids from there and who married who with a bit of nouse and perseverance. That leads to further info and then you can unlock a contact sometimes via one of the kids who are more inclined to leave an internet trail. Ancestry.co.uk is also very useful for the historical electoral role and other titbits.

I think anyone with access to insurance, dvla or credit databases etc is able to get contemporary info on someone most easily but that's also classed as illegal i believe. The dark web too is no doubt brimmimg with resources and temptations. But it would likely still surprise many people what is available in the public domain without special access.

If you are no further forward in the coming days @Masterbrew and would like some assistance, drop me a message and I'll see if I can help.
  • Options
    Charlton Life is amazing
  • Options
    I've had to trace a few people recently, also done some heir hunting in the past. There's a whole load of people who manage not to get themselves on public searchable databases and generally keep a low profile, no doubt for their own good reasons in many cases. Others like Matt Southall's missus are very 'here i am, look at me' .. Sometimes it's possible to log in or Facebook or LinkedIn and search from within those with rapid results.

Most usually you need more data points behind a first and last name, like year of birth, or marriage or place and work information. One brilliant, but limited, free site is https://www.freebmd.org.uk/. You can work out whether people have kids from there and who married who with a bit of nouse and perseverance. That leads to further info and then you can unlock a contact sometimes via one of the kids who are more inclined to leave an internet trail. Ancestry.co.uk is also very useful for the historical electoral role and other titbits.

I think anyone with access to insurance, dvla or credit databases etc is able to get contemporary info on someone most easily but that's also classed as illegal i believe. The dark web too is no doubt brimmimg with resources and temptations. But it would likely still surprise many people what is available in the public domain without special access.

If you are no further forward in the coming days @Masterbrew and would like some assistance, drop me a message and I'll see if I can help.
    Thanks