Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 1 Promotion Watch

Hopefully this thread will be relevant to us in a years time!

23/24

we've made Portsmouth look ordinary but they have points on the board and should go up!

derby are second but the teams below have games in hand

bolton are droppping points

barnsley have games in hand

peterborough good for the play offs

oxford and Stevenage for the final spot although orient could put a run together.

can we sneak in if we don't drop another point this season 😂

Over to you.....

Comments

• Options
    Have you been on the hooch?
  • Options
    edited February 29
    33 points still up for grabs… would give us 70 after 46 games.

Stevenage in 6th to drop off a cliff and only get 10 points from their last 12 and we sneak in off the back of a 12 game winning streak.
  • Options
    Hopefully the top 3 all go up cos to me they’d be more a threat to our promotion chances (as long as we stay up ) next season .
  • Options
    my comment about us winning every game and getting in the play offs was clearly a joke, hence the laughing face emoji 

we've just played the top 3 teams and made them all look average. I just wanted to see people's views on who is going up.
  • Options
    Portsmouth to choke again??
  • Options
    Barnsley looking like they could rob a place off Derby or Bolton i reckon.
  • Options
    Barnsley looking like they could rob a place off Derby or Bolton i reckon.
    Peterborough were favourite for the title after beating us at The Valley in January. Their win on Saturday first in five matches.

Not really a surprise that all the main promotion candidate from last season are back at it again. Imagine those don’t get promoted this season will be back in the hunt next season.
  • Options
    Ideally top 3 go up. They are most likely to be right up there and a threat next season if not. 

Of course we still need to stay up and even if we do need to, we also have a squad capable of competing next year; both of which are not certain - but football is about dreams and hope!

Barnsley will be decent next year but more likely to sell to balance books. Peterborough have to sell given their debts and clubs will know that and low ball offers.  JCH will have gone and so will Mason Clarke or whatever his name is.

Stevenage, Oxford, Orient are all teams we should expect to finish above as arrogant as that may sound given we are 6th bottom!!!