Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cambridge United (a) April 13th - buses replace trains

One of the easier rail journeys of the season looks to be complicated by 40 minutes on replacement buses from Royston on both possible routes from London.

Comments

• Options
    That's annoying. Wouldn't be so bad if one of the routes was still running normally.
  • Options
    When do we expect tickets to go on sale for this?
  • Options
    One of the easier rail journeys of the season looks to be complicated by 40 minutes on replacement buses from Royston on both possible routes from London.
    Royston is on the Thameslink line.

Is Greater Anglia affected as well?
  • Options
    edited March 4
    Richard J said:
    Royston is on the Thameslink line.

Is Greater Anglia affected as well?
    Yes, rail replacement buses between Stansted & Cambridge.
  • Options
    edited March 4
    Annoying, going to make it harder to justify seeing Lyle Taylor score a 97th minute winner against us. 

• Options
    that alone puts me off considering 
  • Options

• Options

Four weeks before the game would be the norm.  We'll get around 1800 tickets.
  • Options
    Thankfully it’s only a 30 minute drive for me . 
  • Options
    Would be wonderful to go there and watch us relegate a team with Taylor and Bonne in it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What’s the closest we can get from London?  Considering a sherbet from there, need to tick this one off.  
  • Options
    What’s the closest we can get from London?  Considering a sherbet from there, need to tick this one off.  
    Don't think you can get closer than Royston which is about 15 miles up the A10.
  • Options
    Throwing this out, I'll be driving, but I live in Suffolk, so I'll be coming from the East. I'm not coming all the way down to London but if anyone (up to 3 people) wants a lift from Royston, it's not much of a detour for me, and I'd be happy to pick people up. 
  • Options
    If you are driving the best route is up the M11, then take the A14 towards Newmarket and exit at the first Newmarket  junction (35) and head back on the A1303 toeards Cambridge airport. Park at the Park & Ride (free) and either walk or catch the park and ride bus (not free) which passes the Abbey Stadium. There used to be monks at Barnwell Abbey which is near the ground and apparently a monk has moved into the Abbey for the first time since the reformation!
  • Options
    • Bus

A Citibus C3 bus stops within a few yards of the ground (Ditton Walk stop) on Newmarket road and runs from the Railway Station and through the city centre every ten minutes during the day, and at longer intervals in the evenings. Check the Stagecoach website for more details and a Citi 3 timetable.

This is off the Cambridge website, I hope this helps.

• Options
    edited March 18
    • Bus

A Citibus C3 bus stops within a few yards of the ground (Ditton Walk stop) on Newmarket road and runs from the Railway Station and through the city centre every ten minutes during the day, and at longer intervals in the evenings. Check the Stagecoach website for more details and a Citi 3 timetable.

You’re going to need a bigger bus…
  • Options

Four weeks before the game would be the norm.  We'll get around 1800 tickets.
    Getting into the "unusually late" territory now then 
  • Options
    • Bus

I read that as a Citroen C3. That won't fit many people!
  • Options
    Would hope the tickets go on sale for this soon. Have already sorted out the hotel for the weekend. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Their site says there is facility for another 1000 fans along the side.
    I'd think these would not be available as Cambridge would probably need them given the importance of the game.
  • Options
    Northampton played Cambridge on 9th March and were allocated 1,473 tickets. However, they did not go on sale until 29th February.

Wigan play Cambridge on 1st April and have not yet received their allocation.

Why are they taking ages before giving the tickets to the away club?

At this rate, we won’t get our allocation until after they play Wigan.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Would hope the tickets go on sale for this soon. Have already sorted out the hotel for the weekend. 
    I wouldn't worry, unlikely to sell out/sell out early with a bus replacement service.
  • Options
    If anyone can no longer attend and has a spare ticket then please message me.