Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton TV Question.

edited March 7 in General Charlton
Will the two Easter Weekend games be considered as Mid-week games and therefore be available to UK viewers?

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully, not.
  • Options
    Usually ok to show. 
  • Options
    edited March 7
    This is what the EFL Regulations say, "that UEFA Article 48 (closed hours) restricts the televising of any matches in this country during the hours of 2.45pm and 5.15 pm on a Saturday". I did a quick scan and couldn't see any further restrictions, so I'm hopeful it will be OK. It's Section 7 here, in case anybody else wants to check.
  • Options
    Bank Holiday games are at discretion of the home club 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Hopefully, not.
    Weird that you’d want to prevent fellow fans from being able to watch their team.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Bank Holiday games are at discretion of the home club 
    Assuming that’s correct, thanks stonemuse. 👍
  • Options
    clive said:
    clive said:
    Hopefully, not.
    Weird that you’d want to prevent fellow fans from being able to watch their team.
    Nothing is preventing fans watch their team, still plenty of tickets on sale for the game at Exeter, The Valley will not be full for the Stevenage match.
    Clive, many of us live a considerable distance from both games….I wouldn’t trust the trains, plus driving to The Valley 250 miles and 520 miles to Exeter in a day (round trip that is), is getting a bit of an effort these days.…..especially for those of us who are getting on in years.
    Agreed mate he’s throwing the baby out with the bath water.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The decision of whether to attend a match, home or away, or watch on CTV depends on many variables. These include:
    Cost - if you live a distance from the match the cost can prove to be too much.
    Health - a number of us are elderly or have mobility problems
    Time - for those that work match attendance might not be possible.

I try and make a home and away game each season and watch the rest available on CTV due to cost and health. This season I hope to be at Exeter and one of the remaining home games. This does not make me any less of a supporter than those that attend matches as I spent many years doing that. I agree that the screen only shows a portion of the pitch but when behind a goal at an away game the view is also limited.

We all support the club in the way that our current life allows and that should be good enough for everyone.
    Exactly. In 60 years of supporting Charlton I have spent 3 years away from London at university, 7 years working abroad, 6 living in Aberdeen and now the last 3 living in the Cotswolds. The other 41 years I probably attended on average somewhere between 90-100% of home games, plus a handful of away games per season. Life changes but I still support my team, it just so happens it is currently via Charlton TV.
  • Options
    edited March 7
    clive said:
    clive said:
    Hopefully, not.
    Nothing is preventing fans watch their team, still plenty of tickets on sale for the game at Exeter, The Valley will not be full for the Stevenage match.
    Clive, many of us live a considerable distance from both games….I wouldn’t trust the trains, plus driving to The Valley 250 miles and 520 miles to Exeter in a day (round trip that is), is getting a bit of an effort these days.…..especially for those of us who are getting on in years.
    Yes, going to the game versus watching a stream is often a false choice.

People who watch streams are the people that in 99% of cases wouldn’t make it to the game anyway. The real choice is watching a stream versus not seeing the game at all.

Have never bought the argument that someone who’s dedicated enough to watch a League One football match on a stream wouldn’t also be dedicated enough to want to be there in person, if they had the means to do so.
    I've missed a number of away games this season, because we have been dire and I couldn't face it when I could watch a stream instead.

I know loads who haven't even bothered with some home games, but watch a stream instead.
  • Options
    clive said:
    clive said:
    Hopefully, not.
    You're not a true supporter unless you get up at 5am, drive 250 miles on a Bank Holiday to a well known holiday destination (the South West) and then drive back again, not getting home until almost midnight  :D