Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards pre-match comments

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
Found this towards the end of yesterday's News shopper article:

"....Pardew is aware from his time in this division at West Ham how teams will come to The Valley and see a result against Charlton as a major scalp, and it is something the manager has prepared for.

He said: "I think it will happen and we have to be good enough.

"One of the reasons Todorov is here is for this scenario and it was one of the reasons I took Teddy Sheringham to West Ham.

"You do need a bit of high class quality in home games and Todorov will play tomorrow."

Andy Reid has been handed the captain's armband for the visit of Scunthorpe and Pardew's only injury doubt aside from long-term absentees Luke Varney and Matt Holland is Jerome Thomas, who suffered a slight pull of his hamstring in training.

Charlton visit Swindon Town next Tuesday in the opening round of the Carling Cup and the manager confirmed the competition was not a major target for the Addicks this season.

He added: "It is not too high on my agenda, but it's definitely a game we will try to win and go to the next game.

"I've covered myself in terms of the squad for all possibilities.
"I make no bones about it to Charlton fans, my priority will be the league."

So:
1) Toddleoff is going to start against Scunny.

2) Priority is the League.

3) Expect perhaps a bit of a squad line-up against Swindon in the League Cup on Tuesday.

Comments