Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Friday Rock/Football/Dr Who Question

What is the link between this album and this teamsheet?

And what is the Dr Who connection?

Comments

• Options
    Bradley Walsh is on the team sheet and was in Dr Who. Can't work out the other photo though...
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Bradley Walsh is on the team sheet and was in Dr Who. Can't work out the other photo though...
    Correct.

Never played 1st team football for Brentford.
  • Options
    The album is by the Who, managed by Bill Curbishley.  His brother Paul, played in the match for Charlton.  I think they had at least one more brother who was also involved in football and management. 
  • Options
    Dr Who had a companion called Ace, a 16 year old Charlton Athletic fan.  Ace was played by Greenwich-born Sophie Aldred who, on the date of the Brentford v Charlton match was 16 years old. 
  • Options
    To see the Who play at the valley, or to watch that match, you would need to time travel and Dr Who has a tardis you could use for that task.

What do I win?
  • Options
    Have we ever had a more contrasting CB partnership as Dave Shipperley and Richard Gough? Loved "Lurch" to death but imagine if Gough hadn't got homesick. 
  • Options
    The Mid-Week Football League cup? What's that all about?
  • Options
    Never realised there was a 3rd Curbishley brother 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    The album is by the Who, managed by Bill Curbishley.  His brother Paul, played in the match for Charlton.  I think they had at least one more brother who was also involved in football and management. 
    Nope

tangoflash said:
    To see the Who play at the valley, or to watch that match, you would need to time travel and Dr Who has a tardis you could use for that task.

What do I win?
    A trip on the Tardis
  • Options
    Never realised there was a 3rd Curbishley brother 
    I think there are six of them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 8
    Didn't realise Leroy Ambroses' Charlton career overlapped with that of Mark Penfold and Harry Cripps. As to the question, there's a track on the album called "Substitute" I suspect the real answer has more to it than that.
  • Options

Paul and Alan Curbishley.
  • Options
    Paul is on the album cover
  • Options
    Paul is on the album cover
    Correct.

Not sure which one of the urchins is him though