Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Carlisle United : Saturday 9th March 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Poor all round there, but looked another awkward attempt at a save from Isted. We’ve been flat and have got away from what’s been working for us in recent weeks. 
  • Options
    Soft goal that.
  • Options
    Was always going to be the case.

We seem to never be able to put a performance in home games like this, where it feels we should dominate. 
  • Options
    edited March 9
    Surely that foul from Ellis was a yellow!!
  • Options
    Carlisle worse away record in League 1

Only Armstrong's 2nd ever goal.  
  • Options
    The biggest thing for me is the complete lack of quality in this squad. We've battled well recently but some of these players are technically poor.

• Options
    1. 21'

Post update

Attempt missed. Karoy Anderson (Charlton Athletic) left footed shot from outside the box is too high.

• Options
    Anderson looking poor again. 
  • Options
    We struggled for large periods before the subs against Cheltenham. 

So not sure why we named the same starting 11. They aren't that good. 
  • Options
    Free kick to the back stick, we nod it across goal and no-one gambles on it. Poor
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No cockups please Charlton!
    Oh!  Ok then...
  • Options
    Didn’t look like anyone gave Gillesphey a shout either. Including the crowd. 
  • Options

Deep free-kick from May, Thomas rises at the far-post but there's no power on his header across goal and Lewis can claim
  • Options
    How has their player not been booked. Shocking reffing 
  • Options
    That Carlisle kit is nice
    Smacks of the Chelsea "Commodore" top from late 80s
  • Options
    REG getting an ironic cheer for actually getting a throw in on the pitch. Sums it up today so far 
  • Options
    I would say that this has got shades of our 1-0 home defeat to Swindon (Kiely og) from our Division One title-winning season ...

... except we hint won 12 on the trot coming into this and Carlisle have had more attacks thus far today than Swindon had all day ...
  • Options
    Armstrong's a horrible niggly player isn't he? No surprise he's from the North East
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is dreadful. Making the worst team in the league look good
  • Options
    edited March 9

For Carlisle, since joining them in January - Has a decent tally in League Two
  • Options
    I would say that this has got shades of our 1-0 home defeat to Swindon (Kiely og) from our Division One title-winning season ...

... except we hint won 12 on the trot coming into this and Carlisle have had more attacks thus far today than Swindon had all day ...
    Was just about to post that but thought I would be called negative. 
  • Options
    Didn’t look like anyone gave Gillesphey a shout either. Including the crowd. 
    Of course.....crowd's fault 🙂
    Not what I said. Just an observation that the whole thing is flat and lacking a bit of commitment. 
  • Options
    Sounds like we've woken up. 
    Just as I post we let in our customary goal.

My 3-1 is still on  
    Will we do a Golfie? 

• Options

Small connects well with a dropping ball to volley at goal - takes a touch on its way through and palmed away - flag was up from the deflection anyway
  • Options
    edited March 9
    Another shot on target from Small, looking our greatest goal threat at the mo...
  • Options

For Carlisle, since joining them in January - Has a decent tally in League Two
    72 now in 254 games in all comps.
  • Options
    Their keeper is going to have one of those afternoons isn’t he? Two fantastic saves already. 
  • Options
    Tell you what the Carlisle keeper has made two quality saves. 

I'd love it if we had a keeper that could do that.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!