Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Carlisle United : Saturday 9th March 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Our set pieces into the opposition's box continue to be a serious problem. We offer nothing, hardly ever find our own player and on the rare occasion when we do we end up with it back down our own throat in seconds.
  • Options
    edited March 9
    HT 1-1, started slowly and went down hill from there, certainly need the magic half time wand waving from Nathan, still confident we will win...just
  • Options
    Bit limp
  • Options
    Carlisles keeper is having a great game and there’s more of a sheen to @Braziliance’s hair than you can pick up in his videos…
  • Options
    On another thread a few people thought 3/4 signings in the summer should see us finish in the top six 😂
    Depends who the 3/4 are tbh. 
  • Options
    Some good, some not so good. Defence seems to lack confidence for some reason with none of them comfortable on the ball. Small had an awful first ten but has been mostly good since. Dobbo being Dobbo and CC trying to run midfield. May and DK running channels well. Anderson needs pulling before he gets a red. I'd bring Ladapo on and drop Alfie back into the ten which would help continuity. Wickham to come on for the last twenty when hopefully we'll be in front. COYA
  • Options
    On another thread a few people thought 3/4 signings in the summer should see us finish in the top six 😂
    Is that the one about delusions? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe Bakinson on for Anderson who has been ineffective and is on a booking
  • Options
    Need improve dramatically 2nd half. Could do with a statement performance and comfortable win. Anderson on a yellow worries me, get Bakinson on 
  • Options
    edited March 9
    ross1 said:
    It's weird.
    Looking at the posts on this match thread sounds like we're lucky to be 1-1.
    Then you look at the stats (which I know don't tell the whole story) and we've been the better side.
  • Options
    Boy, did we need that goal. Hopefully it'll give us something to build on. Need to inject a bit of life into things.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    LenGlover said:
    ALFIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reset and go on and win.
    I thought Alfie had scored a 2nd, Len!

Sorry!!!!

Watching Italy v Scotland at the same time xx
  • Options
    Anderson walking red card, sub him off
  • Options
    Well that was highly disappointing.

The team just looked so leggy for much of the half. Not making any changes looks a strange move.

Small head and shoulders above anyone else.

I'll say one thing. Anderson will get sent off if he isn't taken off first. He's going to make another bad tackle soon that will see him depart.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    It's weird.
    Looking at the posts on this match thread sounds like we're luck to be 1-1.
    Then you look at the stats (which I know don't tell the whole story) and we've been the better side.

It's not been great.  But we're not losing, Alfie scored and Dobson playing well.

• Options
    ross1 said:
    It's weird.
    Looking at the posts on this match thread sounds like we're luck to be 1-1.
    We may have had more of the ball and more shots but Carlisle have made better use of it and their efforts at goal have probably been clearer than ours.

If they could shoot straight we'd be deep in the brown stuff today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bellingham, Mbappe and Donnarumma
  • Options

Been a bit disjointed from the Addicks at time - Carlisle have carried a threat in the half with Charlton too open.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Well Mbappe would be shite for us as we dont play with Wingers ;)
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Well Mbappe would be shite for us as we dont play with Wingers ;)
    Then it would be the most Charlton signing ever
  • Options
    Anderson walking red card, sub him off
    100% this ref has already shown he’s happy to give soft bookings 
  • Options
    Bakinson should have started. When Jones started this good run, he rotated the midfield to keep the energy up, surprised he didn't do so today.

And this really is the sort of game where you do need a bit of quality on the ball, rather than relying on our press, so one of the other loan midfielders on the bench, Watson, Camara or Fiorini might have been a useful option.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Maybe if they are Mbappe, Bellingham, Foden and Van Dijk.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    It's weird.
    Looking at the posts on this match thread sounds like we're lucky to be 1-1.
    Better is a relative term. Both teams are shocking.
  • Options
    Can we swap keepers and we'd win easily
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!