Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Didn't we have someone doing this job? The ex Brentford one? 
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Jon D'Souza or something? Think he left for the FA in the summer if I recall. 
  • Options
    A good addition on paper.  
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Leuth said:

Wasn’t he the coach in the news recently for sexual harassment in an FA course?
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Leuth said:

Wasn’t he the coach in the news recently for sexual harassment in an FA course?
    Danny Senda
  • Options
    Oh that’s him. Sorry Jon DSouza 😬
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Oh that’s him. Sorry Jon DSouza 😬
    I wouldn't worry, I'm sure he'll settle the libel action out of court for no more than £100k  ;)
  • Options
    just find us the next Jude Bellingham mate ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another positive step in getting the back of house team sorted. Experienced and successful in his role. What’s not to like. I like the fact that the building blocks for on the field success are being put in place. Pleased with this.
  • Options
    Jon De Souza
    Coaching Pathways Manager, Premier League

With almost two decades of professional football experience, Jon has held senior coaching, leadership, and director positions at several football clubs. Jon spent over 10 years at Luton Town, working his way from Academy Player to U18 and Reserve Team manager at the club. He moved to Brentford where he worked as Senior Professional Development Coach and Head of Player and Coach development. He also supported the first team during his time at the club, in a period the club got promoted to the Championship and reached the Championship play offs.

Following on from his time at Brentford, Jon spent 6 years at Colchester United, initially as Academy manager before progressing to the role of Technical Director. During his time at Colchester, the club sold several Academy Graduates for significant fees, made League 2 Play Offs and the Quarter Finals of the Carabao cup. After spending 7 months at Charlton Athletic as First Team Coach, he joined the Premier League in October 2022 as Coaching Pathways Manager, where he provides support to coaches at all levels of the professional game.

Jon is one of a very select few in the football industry who hold both the UEFA Pro Licence and the FA Technical Director Licence."

• Options
    Too much money being spent on fluffy positions by a third tier football club. Only needed a couple of execs and a manager back in the day…
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    The type of appointment made by a well run club.
    It is but we've has someone in this role before this ownership.

But it seems a well qualified appointee for a role that could greatly benefit the players and club so welcome.

A bit like the medical guy they hired, recruiting to this role was mentioned back in September IIRC but has taken a while to arrive. I guess because of working his notice so not automatically a sign of a change in direction or investment.
  • Options
    On paper a good appointment. It’ll be interesting to see if there are clear positive outcomes on the pitch over the next year. Same with Will Abbott and if we see a reduction in frequency and length of injuries.

His LinkedIn profile if anyone wants to see his career in more detail:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-brayne-0b307145
  • Options
    No brayner really.
  • Options
    No brayner really.
    Has he left already?
  • Options
    Next appointment soon

A coach to coach the coaches.,
  • Options
    Sounds a very sensible position to have. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    edited March 14
    Sounds a good addition, we could do with a set piece coach, for next season, would tighten up our defence, get us scoring goals from set pieces, (we have been woeful this season) and get us up out of this division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds a good addition, we could do with a set piece coach, for next season, would tighten up our defence, get us scoring goals from set pieces, (we have been woeful this season) and get us up out of this division.
    not just this season :smile:
  • Options
    James Brayne? Reckon he's gonna be the muscle behind this operation?

Sounds a canny sort of appointment though. Welcome fella.