Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Siouxsie & The Cure on TV tonight

Sky Arts Sky 130 Virgin 140 Freeview 36 Freesat 147.
Siouxsie & The Banshees at The Royal Albert Hall 1983 & The Cure at Hyde Park 2018.

Comments

• Options
    First band I saw live 
    Siouxsie & the Banshees 
    Woolwich Odeon 1978/9 ??
    Brilliant 
  • Options
    After SLF, Siouxsie’s the act I’ve seen live most. 

Saw the Banshees and Cure on the same bill at Friar’s, Aylesbury, the day Siouxsie’s drummer and guitarist had walked out. The Cure played their set then Smith and the drummer filled in for the Banshees. Hope they got overtime. 
  • Options
    After SLF, Siouxsie’s the act I’ve seen live most. 

Saw the Banshees and Cure on the same bill at Friar’s, Aylesbury, the day Siouxsie’s drummer and guitarist had walked out. The Cure played their set then Smith and the drummer filled in for the Banshees. Hope they got overtime. 
    I was in reception the day that Siouxsie came in with Severin to speak to NME writers about the split - she looked so angry! I thought the bust up happened at The Venue in Victoria, or maybe that was a later fight? She certainly had to be pulled off one of them that night...

I was probably at the RAH gig in '83, up high in the cheap standing area as it was a freebie. 

Played snooker against Smith around that time also, at the downstairs room that's now Sway in Great Queen Street.

Happy days!
  • Options
    First band I saw live 
    Siouxsie & the Banshees 
    Woolwich Odeon 1978/9 ??
    Brilliant 
    Ditto. 
  • Options
    There is also an Irish music night on BBC2 including a Shane McGowan documentary at 01.15.
  • Options
    Seen Siouxsie a few times back in the day ... always excellent gigs

Cure also good but their gigs can go on for a long time!

• Options
    There is also an Irish music night on BBC2 including a Shane McGowan documentary at 01.15.
    Thanks
  • Options
    First band I saw live 
    Siouxsie & the Banshees 
    Woolwich Odeon 1978/9 ??
    Brilliant 
    I was at that gig too. The John McGeoch / Ju Ju era. What a show.
  • Options
    A mate just told me that I was at that 1983 RAH gig  :D
  • Options
    A bit on Souxsie in this Bromley contingent link. Some locals on CL maybe able confirm some of the facts.

https://youtu.be/VyCyef7P2AE?si=hSL-EhMddEiPJe2J
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Met her backstage after a gig in at Shepherds Bush, just mesmerising. Also met Robert Smith, told me there was no need to shake when I shook his hand. Attending a Morrisey gig with 2 of DM, then meeting the man himself was play off final material!
  • Options
    Robert Smith looked like something from outer space. Some 9f their songs are awesome some just plain rubbish.