Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If our squad was entirely replaced by current Millwall players & staff…

Neil Harris in the dugout etc. Would you be able to continue supporting/following Charlton as you did before?

What about the squads of the 90s, 80s, 70s? If they were wholesale swapped then, would you have been able to continue following Charlton with those names pulling on the red shirt?

Comments

• Options
    We've had loads of ex-Millwall, both in the dugout and on the pitch. Players and managers come and go, it's a never ending roundabout.

If you asked about ground sharing at the Den you may get a different response.
  • Options
    We'd be bollocking them for this tikki takki football.
  • Options
    If it was Palace i'd stop supporting us. 
  • Options
    Players like Rommedahl and Kirk would turn into big, tough and bald hard men who launch themselves into bone crunching tackles.

Millwall’s hard men if they played for us would become lightweight fairies who bottle challenges 70/30 in their favour.
  • Options
    edited March 20
    Are we only swapping players or places over that period as well. So no premier league but a FA Cup Final regular Wembley visits and only losing four times to our local rivals in 35 games over 45 years? 

I will support Charlton whoever wears the shirt or is Manager except if it was Judas (Scott Parker or Lyle Taylor) I which case I would still support the team but moan incessantly about Parker/ Taylor (So t don’t think I would be alone) 

If we get ex Palace and Millwall players in over the summer and get promoted I will be a happy man 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and the award for most pointless thread ever goes to
    Yeah but what’s your answer?
  • Options
    I think Terry Hurlock & Pat Van Den Hawe would certainly put some steel into our defence. Add in Sheringham up front & we might just win a game or two. 

• Options
    Sheringham and Kane the front two.

Two wingers Possee and Weller

Kitchener and McCarthey center backs

King in goal.

just need four more players you have a powerful team.

Chuck in Benny Fenton as manager and Micky
    Purser as owner could have some fun. 

• Options
    Current staff and players no way.

But the players I mentioned above I would have no problem with.

The owner well , you had to live in those times to understand him.

Think of Roland owning a garage on the Woolwich Road, now that would be fun.
  • Options
    Yes, provided they play in red at home and at the Valley. Players and managers are seldom fans of the clubs they play for and are temporary, so they wouldn't affect my support of Charlton.

I don't expect those who boycott if they dislike players or managers to feel the same, but anyone who doesn't back the club when things aren't going well isn't a true fan anyway imo.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Two days into the international break and we've already hit the Ridiculous Thought Experiment phase. God help us 
    You should see what I’ve got lined up for the summer…….
  • Options
    Sheringham and Kane the front two.

Two wingers Possee and Weller

Kitchener and McCarthey center backs

King in goal.

just need four more players you have a powerful team.

Chuck in Benny Fenton as manager and Micky
    Purser as owner could have some fun. 

Alex Rae was someone I'd have liked us signing.
  • Options
    Neil Harris in the dugout etc. Would you be able to continue supporting/following Charlton as you did before?

What about the squads of the 90s, 80s, 70s? If they were wholesale swapped then, would you have been able to continue following Charlton with those names pulling on the red shirt?
    Pathetic thread