Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TacticAI

Comments

• Options
    Sounds interesting actually, but maybe a bit too much like the black box the Sandgaards and other clubs used for recruitment: can make improvements but the majority of the impact still down to human experts.
  • Options
    Sounds interesting actually, but maybe a bit too much like the black box the Sandgaards and other clubs used for recruitment: can make improvements but the majority of the impact still down to human experts.

The AI algorithm data is historical and enhanced by those human experts - all the system is doing is the painstaking analysis and predicting probabilities.

For me, the issue is more about expecting footballers (humans) to be in precisely the right place at the right time for the predictions to materialise.

I'm not aware of any club that just uses data analysis - it is designed to aid decisions. As the article concludes, it is designed to provide 'constructive suggestions to human experts'.
  • Options
    I’ll believe it works once it’s been tried with success on Charlie Kirk
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

The AI algorithm data is historical and enhanced by those human experts - all the system is doing is the painstaking analysis and predicting probabilities.

For me, the issue is more about expecting footballers (humans) to be in precisely the right place at the right time for the predictions to materialise.

I'm not aware of any club that just uses data analysis - it is designed to aid decisions. As the article concludes, it is designed to provide 'constructive suggestions to human experts'.
    That doesn't sound very AI to me.
  • Options
    I saw something the other day that said if Artificial Intelligence searches the internet for solutions, they are looking more at the unusual than the ordinary because people post more unusual stuff than ordinary stuff.
    Hence when asked about Lewisham for example Artificial Intelligence might well say ‘There aren’t many Giraffes who are Taylor Swift fans in Lewisham’.
    Years ago there was a book out called ‘play power’ which was about not reacting predictably to anything that tries to assert authority or superiority.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I saw something the other day that said if Artificial Intelligence searches the internet for solutions, they are looking more at the unusual than the ordinary because people post more unusual stuff than ordinary stuff.
    Hence when asked about Lewisham for example Artificial Intelligence might well say ‘There aren’t many Giraffes who are Taylor Swift fans in Lewisham’.
    Years ago there was a book out called ‘play power’ which was about not reacting predictably to anything that tries to assert authority or superiority.
    An old joke (not very funny in truth) was that an AI system was trained on an encyclopedia and it concluded that everybody in the world was famous.
  • Options
    I think Michael Owen is an absolute tool but I heard him talking about the lack of flair/unpredictability in players and teams now and it's all down who can execute a formulaic plan the best.

Not sure if it's just thinking back with a nostalgic view but of their fewer "flair" players now and just better robots?
  • Options
    It'll still have more personality than Michael Appleton.
  • Options
    I’ll believe it works once it’s been tried with success on Charlie Kirk
    "Just when I thought I was doing well, a new AI would take over..."