Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wycombe [a] kick-off now at 12.30pm

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sky aren’t allowed to televise 3PM matches on Saturday. Therefore, has to be moved if they want to show any matches on TV.
    OK KO at 14.59, or 14.58 etc or even 1700hrs. I don't understand these rules, with VPN's etc many people are watching anyway, so wake up FA (or EFL or whoever) the world has changed.

Is this why our home Saturday matches kick off at 15:03 or 15:04, so that Scotty (or whoever's hosting when he's taking TalkSport's shilling), Brownie or Curbs (holidays notwithstanding) aren't breaking the law re 3pm blackout? 
    No we just have crap organisation. The blackout is something like from 2:45 - 5pm
  • Options
    Sky aren’t allowed to televise 3PM matches on Saturday. Therefore, has to be moved if they want to show any matches on TV.
    OK KO at 14.59, or 14.58 etc or even 1700hrs. I don't understand these rules, with VPN's etc many people are watching anyway, so wake up FA (or EFL or whoever) the world has changed.

Is this why our home Saturday matches kick off at 15:03 or 15:04, so that Scotty (or whoever's hosting when he's taking TalkSport's shilling), Brownie or Curbs (holidays notwithstanding) aren't breaking the law re 3pm blackout? 
    Glad someone else sees this, been going on for years these late kick offs for no reason, no wonder we're always one of the last to finish most weeks.
  • Options

Glad someone else sees this, been going on for years these late kick offs for no reason, no wonder we're always one of the last to finish most weeks.
    We had about 800 mascots for the match on Saturday (think several of them may have been May & Hector’s kids) which meant two of those silly centre circle photos needed to be taken. 

It drives me (disproportionately) mad though, I don’t know why we can never kick off at 3pm.
  • Options
    I've been moaning about 3 03 or 3 04 kick offs for years. 
    It's totally unprofessional in my opinion. 
    One reason for this is because Bob Bolder brings the sponsors out on the pitch for their photo shoot at about 2 minutes to 3pm.
    Bring them out earlier and kick off on time. 
    Other team's manage to do it, so it can't be that hard to do.
    I make you right. Add me to the disproportionately angry mob that we can't kick off on time. I'd have thought refs should hold sway though and insist all the pre match stuff is wrapped up ahead of time. 
    Funnily enough I was late arriving on Saturday and it did cross my mind that I might still see the kick off as we are so tardy. 
  • Options
    edited April 9
    I've been moaning about 3 03 or 3 04 kick offs for years. 
    It's totally unprofessional in my opinion. 
    One reason for this is because Bob Bolder brings the sponsors out on the pitch for their photo shoot at about 2 minutes to 3pm.
    Bring them out earlier and kick off on time. 
    Other team's manage to do it, so it can't be that hard to do.
    I’ve sponsored a few matches and I’m always boozing so don’t bother going down and send the kids to go on the pitch and whoever else wants to .Bob has them ready at 2.40-2.45 in the lounge and they go down to pitch side and they’re always down there waiting for the teams to come out , so need the team out earlier for the pics .

we’ve been one of last results for ages , I’d love to know the stats .
    i reckon there’s a dodgy clocks in the changing rooms cos it’s always a few mins pas 3 with the kick off 

Edit: think the pics are with the two captains and ref and assistants
    in all honesty I can’t remember ever receiving the pics .. so fuck knows where they go 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    I always find it slightly ironic that we always seem to be the last team to kick off, given the fact we're the team nearest the home of time. You'd think the professional team nearest to GMT would be able to be the most prompt.
  • Options
    I always find it slightly ironic that we always seem to be the last team to kick off, given the fact we're the team nearest the home of time. You'd think the professional team nearest to GMT would be able to be the most prompt.
    We have our own time zone, Charlton Late Time.