Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why do you make of Harry Kanes Statue?

As statues go the one we have at the Valley to me looks pretty convincing. Being on a plinth it towers over you and has a physical presence. Sam Bartram at his imposing best? well yes but I'm too young to know if he looked like that.I'd give it 9/10, quite proud of the connection and the way he's remembered. It does him justice-
We all know of that Ronaldo one which I think has been melted down, or at least disappeared . He looked like a Cheshire Cat, no I'd say a cartoon Chesire cat.
Well what do you make of Harry Kanes? Its close to Easter now is it made of chocolate??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68625041

The statue of Harry Kane shows the footballer sat on a green bench with a football on his kneeIMAGE SOURCE, SCULPTURE MACHINE LTD
Image caption, 
The statue has been kept in storage because local councillors could not find a home for it

Comments

• Options
    its more like Ronaldo than Ronaldos statue is.
  • Options
    Absolutely horrendous statue. If I was him I'd ask for it to be done again 😂
  • Options
    Handball
  • Options
    Hilarious, just as bad as CR7 if you ask me. Park it under some trees, the pidgeon sh1t might help disguise it a little.
  • Options
    Very few statues ever get by without being slagged off, but I don’t see much wrong with it really.

Maybe would have been better to hold off until his retirement in the hope that a World Cup or Euros trophy could be in it with him. 

• Options
    Looks more like Harry Cripps B)
  • Options
    Looks like he's wearing skis!
  • Options
    Quite simply that is dreadful !!!
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Honestly not that bad just looks cheap material 
  • Options
    Honestly not that bad just looks cheap material 
    Looks like it is an Easter special, my wife would only be interested if it is Cadbury's Dairy Milk though.
  • Options
    Makes him look like Beavis from Beavis and Butthead. What an abomination.
  • Options
    I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as the Ronaldo one was.

Colour does look cheap, wonder if it would 'weather' a bit and look OK if they stuck in outside though.
  • Options
    made from chocolate, it'll melt during the summer, or just eat it at Easter
  • Options
    Why does he need a statue halfway through his career when he's won nothing so far? 

Statues should be of dead or retired people
  • Options
    Lord oh Lord!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Why does he need a statue halfway through his career when he's won nothing so far? 
    Just for the record, I have absolutely no issue with Daniel Levy commissioning a statue of Kane outside WHL once his career is over, whether he has won anything or not.

His goalscoring achievements for club and country warrant that alone.

But I find it weird Chingford council have done it.
  • Options
    I'm all for public art and have no problem with council funding of it. If the people of Chingford are proud of their son, that's good enough for me. Though I agree, it is weird as his career hasn't finished yet, doubly weird that they've commissioned it without knowing where it's going to go, and triply weird that they'd make it of chocolate with the Creme Egg Vandal at large. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As it happens I have been involved with a group of fans , and the family of Noel Redding bass player of the Jimi Hendrix  experience for  a bronze statue in Folkestone town centre. He was born and lived in Folkestone, and played in local  bands before he played with Jimi.

Jimi also played down here at the Hillside club on New years Eve 1966, jimi also wrote "fire' at Noels house, and finished  'Purple Haze' at Noel's house.( yes he started it at the Upper cut club) So far  we are  choosing between 2 artists , one who last year was commissioned to commemorate  Keith Richards , and Mick Jagger in Dartford, paid by the council. 
    Noel and Mitch the drummer's estate  have been given leave to appeal in the High court in London to regain royalties  estimated at 30 million each, the estimated royalties that have been estimated on non payment  on records/film/ video rights. 

Noel died virtually penniless in Ireland, and we are working with his 'blood relatives' , but will not be receiving any of the above mentioned money.( it goes to his ex girl friends sister). We so far have half the money from the council, and discussing sites/ getting planning permission, and putting on  events, two being in May in Folkestone. 
    We are working on getting an icon to unveil the statue, but time may be a couple of years. I enjoy and  feel  this is important, celebrating cultural icon's, whether it be footballer's or music icon's, artists, writers etc. I was part of a team that was behind George Orwell's statue at the BBC previously.

Of course people will say why celebrate the dead! and a popular musician, at that...... when there are children in poverty? . A good point, but then can we not do both!. 
  • Options
    Terrible.
  • Options
    As statues go the one we have at the Valley to me looks pretty convincing. Being on a plinth it towers over you and has a physical presence. Sam Bartram at his imposing best? well yes but I'm too young to know if he looked like that.I'd give it 9/10, quite proud of the connection and the way he's remembered. It does him justice-
    We all know of that Ronaldo one which I think has been melted down, or at least disappeared . He looked like a Cheshire Cat, no I'd say a cartoon Chesire cat.
    Well what do you make of Harry Kanes? Its close to Easter now is it made of chocolate??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68625041

The statue of Harry Kane shows the footballer sat on a green bench with a football on his kneeIMAGE SOURCE, SCULPTURE MACHINE LTD
    Image caption, 
    The statue has been kept in storage because local councillors could not find a home for it

That reminds me .. I need to buy some Easter eggs
  • Options
    edited March 21
    sam3110 said:

Statues should be of dead or retired people
    If he was from bexleyheath id have no problem with Harry Kane statue like that sitting on a bench in the Broadway (be stolen for scrap within half hour mind)

He’s Englands top scorer and will be for years to come, nothing wrong with a home town celebrating one of their own.
  • Options
    It looks more like Jimmy Hill from some angles. Nightmarish