Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Soloman and the Reminiscence Group

The current reminiscence group usually meet at Valley Central but today we hosted them in the museum because the founder of the original reminiscence, Andy Soloman, wanted to meet them and see the museum. 

Comments

• Options
    Nice to see Keith 👍🏻
  • Options
    Fascinating stuff! Amazing to see this trove of information about the early years of CAFC in the museum’s possession.
  • Options
    And there was a "Holy Grail" moment when Andy Soloman handed over the long missing and presumed lost 1923/24 board minutes that cover the disastrous move to Catford 5/5 We're open today and tomorrow from 11 to 2.30image

Lovely to see the fencing on display. I really must get to you some time.
  • Options
    Yes, @TellyTubby it's a key part of our Valley Room and a conversation piece
  • Options
    Those recordings. Gold!
  • Options
    How would I get in touch with the reminiscence group please, assuming it is open to new members?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How would I get in touch with the reminiscence group please, assuming it is open to new members?
    Here maybe

Chair: Christine Lawrie

Vice: Alan Malloy

Contact email: chrislawrie2@gmail.com

https://www.charltonafc.com/fans/supporter-groups/non-geographical-supporters-groups/reminiscence-group

• Options
    the group welcomes new members.

There is no obligation to attend every meeting.

Meetings every Thursday 2.00 to 4.00 at Valley Central

Phone number on leaflet
  • Options
    And there was a "Holy Grail" moment when Andy Soloman handed over the long missing and presumed lost 1923/24 board minutes that cover the disastrous move to Catford 5/5 We're open today and tomorrow from 11 to 2.30image

Lovely to see the fencing on display. I really must get to you some time.
    Ive got some rusty old fencing by my drive if it will save you a journey.
  • Options
    edited March 24
    Thanks @Clive   and @Henry Irving appreciated. 
  • Options
    Some of the Rem Group guys have started the process of digitising the tapes starting with an interview with Peter Croker, which is now in MP3 format.

The guys are looking at doing around five tapes a week, starting with the tapes of a grandparent of a lifer who was part of the original group, while the museum is converting the reel to reel tape from the Valley clean up day that was also donated by Andy.

The reminiscence group are meeting at the Museum again this Thursday afternoon as their usual venue, Valley Central, isn't available.  New members always welcome.