Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The cuts!

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
What signs were there of the financial cuts yesterday?

1. the big screen! no teams, no scores, no interviews etc
2. the smaller programme
3. Iwelumo!!!!

Comments

• Options
    the big screen was appalling, surely we can do better than that with the IT skills on this board even??
  • Options
    1. Apparently there were some techie hitches with the screen/software
    2. Are you talking shape? That was a result of a survey - no-one liked the square one.
    3. ??

Apparently (according to a pie/pint/program listing in the Sun yesterday) our price of £3.10 for a pint is only beaten by Chelsea, Fulham and West Ham!
  • Options
    Why couldn't they put the bloody time on the screen
  • Options
    Cut backs didnt make that much difernce then did it if thats all you can complain about.
  • Options
    Where were the programs? Coulcdn't get one on the way in or out, have they stopped selling them this season?
  • Options
    According to the old sages on the mailing list, they didn't print enough. I couldn't get one either.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]According to the old sages on the mailing list, they didn't print enough. I couldn't get one either.
    The first one doesn't sell too well cos it's got the handbook lumped-in and the price almost doubles. They probably finally realised and did a shorter print run. However, with the number of changes in personnel, more prople probably wanted one yesterday so they knew who was who!
  • Options
    at half time in the north some seller was screaming, 'programmes' from the aisles few people around me bought them. Havent heard that for years!
  • Options
    The ton of bird shit on the stairs up to the West Upper was not only disgusting, a health hazard and downright dangerous if it rains but presumably means they can't afford the wages for someone to clean the mess away.

Almost put me off my prawn sarnie.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It seems there was, quite literally, a cut!

Big screen
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In this case, i am impressed they got it working at all! If they only found out on saturday!
  • Options
    What's the betting there was a member of the comms department sat behind the scren with a laptop? ;o)
  • Options
    I do like a nice tidy bush.
    :o)
  • Options
    The seat in front off me was hanging off its hinges, I had to move in the end.
  • Options
    Welcome to the CCC lads - any volunteers to paint the Covered End and weed the pitch on Sunday? ;-)