Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Stevenage Boro : Easter Monday 1st April 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Must be one of the worst halfs of football I’ve ever seen two dreadful teams. Can’t blame the pitch or the weather this week. What a load of old shite
    I'm sure some will come on blaming the sun, or because it's a Monday or some other crap.

That result at Cheltenham is looking twice as good right now. A loss there and we'd be a few points off relegation & this side doesn't look like winning in a month of Sundays since then. 
  • Options

Att is announced as 14,251 with 1,043 away fans.
  • Options
    God that was awful. No quality at all. Limping to the end of the season. Will be so pleased to see the back of this season.
  • Options
    They've found a highlight to show...the X bar challenge...oh well...🙄
  • Options
    Baffled how Bakinson can't get into this team. At least he brings some energy and enthusiasm to the party.
    Agree. Very weird. His goal at Cheltenham was vital. Since then he has scarcely featured.
  • Options
    Very flat again, on and off the pitch. 
  • Options
    Pre-match and half time studio chat far more enjoyable than the game. Similar to Friday's game. 
  • Options
    Very flat again, on and off the pitch. 
    Not surprised it's flat off the pitch, think most of us had nodded off by half time.
  • Options
    Curbs summary "no lack of effort, just lack of enthusiasm"

• Options
    If we win 1-0, it will be said, we got three points and that is what matters, if we lose, I don't think I will bother to read all the moans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 1
    The crossbar challenge bloke has had more shots on target than the first team
  • Options
    Baffled how Bakinson can't get into this team. At least he brings some energy and enthusiasm to the party.
    Agree. Very weird. His goal at Cheltenham was vital. Since then he has scarcely featured.
    Can only assume we won’t be signing him permanently.
  • Options
    Nathan has looked exasperated recently no doubt he knows that he can't get any more out of this bunch. My word we need a massive clear out. 
  • Options
    WELL  SAID  CURBS
  • Options
    Curbs summary "no lack of effort, just lack of enthusiasm"
    I'm not fit to criticise anything Lord Llewellyn says but I'd have thought he might have mentioned lack of skill and lack of quality.
  • Options
    On Skytalk it is the WBA game and the comment is, what a shambles, should not expect fans to pay for this. We are not the only game like this. I am glad IO did not pay to watch so I do not care as long as we win
  • Options
    Must be one of the worst halfs of football I’ve ever seen two dreadful teams. Can’t blame the pitch or the weather this week. What a load of old shite
    I'm sure some will come on blaming the sun, or because it's a Monday or some other crap.

That result at Cheltenham is looking twice as good right now. A loss there and we'd be a few points off relegation & this side doesn't look like winning in a month of Sundays since then. 
    They literally won the game after that … 
  • Options
    Brown talking sense yet again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting point from Brownie, that maybe certain players already know they are not wanted next season, hence why not putting in better performances. 
  • Options
    I'm in a good place with supporting Charlton atm,  no expectation,  little interest,  minimum respect for our players,  just glad we are still around and in a vain hope some miracle might happen, bit like  lottery win odds.

I do admire my fellow Addicks with more invested in this dire bunch of journeymen.  Plus I love CL of course.
  • Options
    Bugger.

The players are coming out for the second half.

I was rather hoping that the captains would have taken the approach of an end-of-season Sunday arvo cricket friendly and shaken hands on a draw so that we could all go home.
  • Options
    blimey, how has this thread got to 7 pages?
  • Options

Stevenage making a triple sub at the break. No Addicks changes.
  • Options
    NJ told them, you caused that shite first half...now go and sort it out
  • Options
     46' Back under way in SE7... C@CAFCOfficial

• Options
    Can I revise my 3-1 to a 1-0
  • Options
    Stevenage make 3 subs, we stay as we are. Nathan must be happy then. 
  • Options
    P.s iFollow still showing half time stats 😭
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!