Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Stevenage Boro : Easter Monday 1st April 2024 : KO 15:00

First half was pretty uneventful, with a lot of balls ping-ponging about in midfield, and chances for both sides being few and far between. According to Scott Minto at half time, our XG was 0.05 while Stevenage's was 0.03, which gives you some idea of the paucity of chances. Probably the event that got the home fans most excited was the controversial booking of Tennai Watson a few minutes before the end of the half.
Stevenage brought on 3 subs at half time, and had some much better chances. We brought on Chuks on the hour mark but took off Alfie, and while we did create more, couldn't convert. But at least we kept a clean sheet for once.

Final score 0-0

Comments

• Options
    Regression to the mean under Jones. 

Two months of good performances and then back to the poor displays we're used to. 

Need a complete rethink in the summer. None of this 'we're only 4 signings off' nonsense. 
    4 signings ? Any luck the first ‘sign’ says exit and they point some of those to it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some of these players may well be going or think they might. I hope the board don't think we can go into another season with two kids and Alfie up front, not over impressed with Lapado and we need an option wide. Can't fault that back three, I think REG is a very good signing at this level and I wouldn't mind keeping Bakinson. Lots of comings and goings hopefully but they need to get it right and in a big way. 
  • Options

• Options
    Boring game between two teams who will ultimately both finish mid table. Do think in January we would have lost that game. Just feel sorry that @Braziliance didn’t get to see Piergianni against Aneke!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Utter shite 
  • Options
    It's all gone a bit Michael Appleton.
  • Options
    If the answer is Ladapo
    What the hell is the question?!

Hector very good.  Probably because he is playing for a new contract.  Sadly!
  • Options
    So shit I’ve only just realised that mathematically it’s now impossible for Charlton to finish in a Playoff position
    Not to worry, relegation is still a possibility - so something to play for!
  • Options
    Nathan Jones: “if we’re playing like that this time next year I won’t have done my job right”

I'd hope that If we are playing like that this time next season he'll be sacked.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Only 7 points from the relegation zone. I hope the squad and players don't feel that it is job done.
    8 isn’t it?
    Clean sheet draw bore. 
    Hector was good. 
    Er, that’s it. 
    Nathan will at least now know how big a job he has on his hands. 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    If the answer is Ladapo
    What the hell is the question ?
    The question is.....

"how can be bring in a loan player that is worse than Josh Parker"
  • Options
    Forgot it was on. 

By the sounds of it, glad I did.