Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: CHARLTON 2-1 BARNSLEY

thank you 68 Lifers for your marks

Comments

• Options
    What’s the highest individual average mark ever LL? May’s 8.88 must be up there?
  • Options
    Did REG get booked four times???
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    That was naughty of him.
  • Options
    Isted 6.57 and Coventry 6.79? Seems very generous to me, and supports my theory that the whole team gets marked higher when they win, regardless of how well they played individually. 
  • Options
    Our spread of goals this season is truly appalling !
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    thanks,, correction made
  • Options
    Isted 6.57 and Coventry 6.79? Seems very generous to me, and supports my theory that the whole team gets marked higher when they win, regardless of how well they played individually. 
    Coventry was invisible in the first half, so yes slightly generous.

The J score of 7.84, higher than everyone except May seems slightly generous too. 
  • Options
    It's interesting that May is only 6th in the average scores list, yet comments on Player of the Season suggest he's the runaway winner. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:
    It's interesting that May is only 6th in the average scores list, yet comments on Player of the Season suggest he's the runaway winner. 
    None of the players above him in that list have played enough games to be considered for POTY
  • Options
    Stig said:
    you also gave to take into account  the number of games played, to just consider the average mark gives a false picture
  • Options
    Louie Watson in 3rd in the averages is the most misleading position! I assume it's because he missed the run of awful performances which lowered everyone else's average.
  • Options
    Louie Watson in 3rd in the averages is the most misleading position! I assume it's because he missed the run of awful performances which lowered everyone else's average.
    Is that merely a coincidence…. 
  • Options
    edited April 8
    If someone was a proper nerd, they could work out each player’s average score as a function of the team’s average score for each matchday and control for any of the above.

e.g. from this weekend… Alfie 8.88 / 7.10 = 1.25, Chuks 6.56 / 7.10 = 0.92
  • Options
    Yes, there was a long run of games where scores were low and if a player avoided those they would almost certainly have a better score. It feels right that Alfie is our player of the season.
  • Options
    If someone was a proper nerd, they could work out each player’s average score as a function of the team’s average score for each matchday and control for any of the above.

Over to you Callumcafc, only fair as it is your good idea 😂
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Over to you Callumcafc, only fair as it is your good idea 😂
    I actually don't think it means much tbh. most of us give better marks when we win, which is usually as a result of us playing better. The individua; players playing that day DO make a difference!