Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dave Mehmet RIP player not poster

RIP

I know there was a thread a few weeks ago, this seems to be true now, as several clubs are now posting.

Comments

• Options
    Didn't he play for us...?  Ginger haired midfielder ?  Today little player as I recall.

RIP
  • Options
    edited April 9
    Didn't he play for us...?  Ginger haired midfielder ?  Today little player as I recall.

RIP
    He did, sad news, RIP.

Must admit I had my heart in my mouth for a minute thinking it was an RIP thread for our @DaveMehmet.
  • Options
    edited April 9

RIP
    Yes he did. He went to school with my mate & I think he grew up on the Pepys Estate Deptford. 
    RIP Dave.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options

• Options
    Rip

I posted the thread a couple of weeks ago as it came indirectly through a source who played with Mehmet in the Millwall FA Cup Youth team. Unfortunately it seems it was only a temporary reprieve.

Iirc he had his moments with us. I particularly remember a game against Fulham when he scored. He was taken to Gillingham by Keith Peacock where he was very well regarded before returning to the Den and then playing for a variety of non league clubs.

• Options
    edited April 9
    A friend of mine was a neighbour of his in the sheltered accommodation block where he lived until he had a massive stroke a couple of weeks ago. He wasn't expected to survive it and there were a few premature RIP threads around. But this is now a real one so RIP Dave.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    A friend of mine was a neighbour of his in the sheltered accommodation block where he lived until he had a massive stroke a couple of weeks ago. He wasn't expected to survive it and there were a few premature RIP threads around. But this is now a real one so RIP Dave.
    Crikey.
    I worked with his wife all through the 90’s and 00’s.
    Sounds like they were no longer together then.
    May he RIP.
  • Options
    bloody hell, played against him many times in vets football and not that many years ago. Still a decent player then and seemed a nice fella.

RIP
  • Options
    edited April 9
    RIP. Chose him as my user name back in the Netaddicks days as at that point he was the worst player I could remember seeing play for us. Seen plenty who were a hell of a lot worse since then. Went on to have a decent spell at Gillingham after us.

RIP

Go on then. If you could change your name and all that?
  • Options
    I played in midfield with Dave for a season at Bedens Boys when 13 years old. I was surprised he made it in professional football but a nice bloke nonetheless. RIP Dave.
  • Options
    Great player for Millwall.....RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    R I P
  • Options
    I remember being a player who was a bit of a target for the boo boys . Horrible to hear this about a local lad . RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Sad news.

RIP
  • Options
    Sad news RIP Dave.
  • Options
    Always sad when a former player passes away. RIP Dave Mehmet,
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    This is copied from an online obituary ..

'"Highly-rated, Dave was given his first-team debut by manager Gordon Jago in the last game of the 1976/77 season against Burnley. Dave was not only Millwall's youngest goalscorer when he netted the equaliser at The Den in a 1-1 draw against Sheffield United in October 1977 as a 17-year-old, but he was also the youngest Lion to reach 100 appearances at 19 years, 260 days when he faced Brentford in August 1980'.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP. 
  • Options
    RIP.  He played during my early supporting years so fond memories of all those lads.