Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cologne advice/ contacts

Long shot here, but my football club are going on tour to Cologne for a weekend during the Euros - we’ve done a few before, Berlin, Amsterdam, Lille. For some reason we’re struggling to find some oppo, have contacted loads of clubs from local leagues on Instagram etc but not got any back. 

Also any tips of good bars, pub, beer gardens appreciated albeit secondary.

wondering if on the off chance anyone happens to have any links to cologne that might be able to help… appreciate it’s a long shot as I say, but lots of addicks scattered about the world!

Comments

• Options
    Maybe try a local tourist information office for starters?
    This link may relate

https://magazine.cologne-tourism.com/culinary/something-for-everyone-seven-cologne-pubs-that-cater-for-all-tastes/
  • Options
    Looks like this is their main tourist information centre 

https://www.cologne-tourism.com/
  • Options
    What's German for splash it all over ? 
  • Options
    edited April 12
    My son went out to Cologne, Essen and Hamburg,to play Hockey at U16 Level, ended up playing the reserve sides from a couple teams of the mens professional league. Got absolutely slaughted in the games they played.  No hospitality, No friendly handshakes, nothing. 
    Only good thing was he made mates for life from the Hockey team he toured with. 

• Options
    We were in Cologne last November and we spent a couple of hours in Brauerei zur Malzmuhle near Heumarkt tram stop before going to football.

Substantial portions of food, kolsch beer is very nice, sold in 200cl glasses.

You order the beer and the waiter marks them on your beer mat and you settle up when you leave.

• Options
    Climb the cathedral - great views
  • Options
    edited April 14
    Go to any of the Brauhaus' in the city. We went to Peter's Brauhaus and had an amazing time. Also only drink Kölsch and find a place that sells pork knuckle as a main, it's huge and delicious. I also enjoyed Himmel und Erde, which is stewed apples, mashed potato and black pudding. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fruh Kolsch
    Gaffel Kolsch
    Konig Pilsner

all lovely drops