Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Views from Scunthorpe fans on our club

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
'Came across as a well run, well organised community club.
A nice stadium
A friendly atmosphere
Signing players on the pitch (1500club style)
Virtually everything they sell had the Charlton badge on (bottled water, serviettes etc)
A club handbook with the programme

It all contributed towards a good footballing experience. It just goes to show where a lot of hard work gets you. It wasn't that many years ago that they were homeless.
Obviously they had a nightmare season on the pitch last time but they are investing in new players and will probably be up there challenging.

I know that we will never be able to compete with Charlton when it comes to crowds and stadium but surely a lot of what they have achieved should help prvide a template for clubs such as Scunny to work towards.'

Charlton Fans ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Their warmth and hospitality yesterday was to be admired. Theey were a real credit to themselves and their club. They made a fantastic day complete.
[IP address logged]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agreed, many of their fans who I spoke to in the pub before the game seemed like decent lads, none of this big club superiority.
Make the most of it as many of the clubs treat you like ****...

Must admit Charlton are an excellent club with good fans.
[IP address logged]

Agreed.
Most of the Northern places are hospitable (grimsby and Hull apart of course). Down South the fans are generally okay, just avoid Cardiff! Depends upon what pubs you go in and the magnitude of the match.
The "search" on the way in was also done in a friendly manner.

"Could I have a look in your bag please" instead of being treated like a criminal.

Fair play to them.
Agreed, most were a credit to their club.
Must admit I was very impressed with most people I came into contact with yesterday (with the exception of 2 over zealous stewards that is).

Just after we left the ground our bus drove past a pub where the beer garden was full of Charlton fans who all turned and applauded us! Now that did feel good

Comments

• Options
    Just after we left the ground our bus drove past a pub where the beer garden was full of Charlton fans who all turned and applauded us! Now that did feel good

The Rose of Denmark, surely!
  • Options
    be careful how you behave on your way up as you will always meet these people again on the way down , Leeds take note , oops too late.