Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Newcastle v Spurs Frienldly

Newcastle play Spurs in Australia the week after the season ends. Eddie Howe and his players are not impressed and I guess the Spurs contingent are not either.
When they arrive back some of them will be getting ready to go to the Euros.
Absolutely bonkers, money talks I guess.

Comments

• Options
    pettgra said:
    Newcastle play Spurs in Australia the week after the season ends. Eddie Howe and his players are not impressed and I guess the Spurs contingent are not either.
    When they arrive back some of them will be getting ready to go to the Euros.
    Absolutely bonkers, money talks I guess.
    As long as there are no England players in either squad that are likely to be picked for the Euros then it sounds like a great idea to me 
  • Options
    The sponsors will want everyone there. This is partly a result of the sustainability thing, isn't it? Having to maximise football revenue. Or perhaps just greed, I don't know. Anyway when they start complaining about fixture congestion, remember this. 
  • Options
    I wonder where our end of season tour is.
  • Options
    Strewth mate, shocker
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Spurs (and probably others) have been doing this for a few years now. 
    We haven't done an end of season friendly in years.
    Absolute load of b*ll*cks but I suspect its to do with the big Australian fanbase we've acquired since Big Ange has taken over.
    Spurs' chief football officer Scott Munn is also an Aussie.  It figures.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Originally, they were to be playing Home and Away!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair dinkum mate. I was just there last month in Brisbane. Great country although have 10 of the most venomous animals on earth. One of our friends told us her dog was killed after being bitten by an Eastern Brown snake! strewth.
  • Options
    Is it Newcastle Jets or Newcastle United?
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Yet they want to scrap FA Cup replays, league cup etc….
    Those games don't make any money.

The FA needs to stamp this nonsense out, but they won't
  • Options
    Well, to be perfectly honest, I don't support Spurs or Newcastle, so I really don't give a monkey's.
  • Options
    edited April 18
    Is it Newcastle Jets or Newcastle United?
    Be more interesting if it was Newcastle Knights.

Correction made from intersting.
  • Options
    That typo is quite triggering…!!
  • Options
    Newcastle are playing Spurs on 22 May and the A-League all-stars on 24 May.

The timing is ridiculous given the PL season doesn't end until early evening on the 19th. Now whilst i'm sure they won't be flying in a cramped economy class, flying for the best part of an entire day to then play 2 games in 48 hours is crazy. 
  • Options
    Must be worthwhile financially then
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Yet they want to scrap FA Cup replays, league cup etc….
    And they have got their wish, fa cup replays scrapped after the 1st round starting next season
  • Options
    edited April 18
    Newcastle are playing Spurs on 22 May and the A-League all-stars on 24 May.

The timing is ridiculous given the PL season doesn't end until early evening on the 19th. Now whilst i'm sure they won't be flying in a cramped economy class, flying for the best part of an entire day to then play 2 games in 48 hours is crazy. 
    We can cross reference this thread with the one about the climate emergency. Totally unnecessary flights. Still - let’s just crack on…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Must be worthwhile financially then
    When Liverpool played Man Utd in a friendly in Bangkok two years ago, tickets started at over £100 and the most expensive were £500! It pretty much sold out as well.
  • Options
    Give it a few years and they will be playing league matches abroad. Similar to the NFL London matches.
  • Options
    Give it a few more yrs and they will be playing on the Friggin Moon
    it is satellite tv after all
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Give it a few years and they will be playing league matches abroad. Similar to the NFL London matches.
    I strongly suspect it won't be long until the Community Shield is played abroad.