Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Bod a legend. Donation page/

I am in no doubt that there are many on this site who know Bod a legend of Charlton. Sadly he passed away on Wednesday 10th April, and per the wishes of his two daughters and son, this wasn't to appear on any social media platforms or forums for a week so they could grieve. Those did know of this legend who followed our beloved club week in week out home and away, as well as many England games and tournaments will have their own stories to tell. He will leave a hole in many peoples lives and the world we be a much more boring and quieter place without him. 
A Just Giving page has been set to help support his children Olivia, Callum and Grace. Should you wish to make a donation regardless how big or small please find the link below. 
RIP Bod

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/dean-chapman?fbclid=IwAR0eWmF5mBgBbpGa7Ow3xyj8bTYQd_O4f0eXrWsbvzBxZL84Mk2CPPq-3gc

Comments

• Options
    50% there well done all.
  • Options
    Donated. 
    Didn't really know him but we always said 'Aright mate' with a massive smile whenever we saw each other. 
  • Options
    I don't think I ever met Bod but he sounds like a top bloke. RIP fellow Addick.
  • Options
    Sadly I never had the pleasure of knowing Bod but it is clear from the comments on this and the other thread that he will be sorely missed not just by his family but by all at CAFC and beyond. 

RIP Bod
  • Options
    A proper character, always smiling and Charlton through and through. 
    Rip  Bod
  • Options
    Top man , always knew him to see through aways back in the day just on nodding terms ,  big grin on his face always, last couple of years saw him in the West Stand and he'd sneak in with us for a quick beer and chat in the Vista Lounge after a few of the midweek games .
    He'll be missed
    RIP Bod 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely gutted to here this and had known Bod since our school days.Lovely bloke and completely mad and some fun away trips in his company...
    RIP BOD
  • Options
    Sleep tight, Bod.
  • Options
    Rip bod 🙏
  • Options
    As mentioned on the other thread I probably knew Bod more from the local dart leagues he played in and bump into him at away games, very good darts player on his day, even played for our team one night as we were short on players, always a big smile on his face could never do enough to help anyone out. Still can't quite believe he's gone but he won't be forgotten, a legend in the local dart leagues.
  • Options
    Didn't know him but I do recognise him. Condolences to his family 
  • Options
    RIP Bod. He would drop everything if you ever asked him for help, a proper mate. Will miss you loads mate x
  • Options
    edited April 19
    Sounds like a great guy who will sadly be missed by a lot of people.

Also glad to see his just giving target has been reached. Well done all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RiP Bod. I didn't know you but from what I've read you was a great character and person. One of our own.
  • Options
    RIP Bod, you’ll have em in stitches up there. 
  • Options
    Sadly, I didn't know Bod, but how I wish I had! Reading everyone's memories he sounded a great guy anf a true Addick.
    My condolences to his family and his many friends! RIP Bod xx
  • Options
    Happy to contribute what little I can. He sounds a proper character, my away days are long gone, but I am sure he would of been recognisable to me today.  RIP again.
  • Options
    RIP Bod.
  • Options
    Donation made for a great send off, for a truly lovely guy. RIP Bod
  • Options
    Done. Went to quite a few away games with him on the mid to late 90s. Days before mobiles but you knew that if you turned up at a certain pub on certain time train he’d be there. Always looked up to him. RIP bod.
  • Options
    Bit in tomorrow's programme about Bod

RIP
  • Options
    Done. Went to quite a few away games with him on the mid to late 90s. Days before mobiles but you knew that if you turned up at a certain pub on certain time train he’d be there. Always looked up to him. RIP bod.
    I think back to those days too mate. As a teenager in the early 90s, Bod was part of that slightly older crowd that I looked up to. I never had the pleasure of being friends with him, but whenever I was in or around his company he was always smiling and laughing and giving off fun and mischievousness vibes.  

My thoughts go to his friends and family, He’s a personality that I can imagine will leave a void with quite a few people where a night out or an away game won’t feel the same again. RIP Bod