Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewis Fiorini is better than Jude Bellingham.....

Comments

• Options
    ? What happened?
  • Options
    Saw this the other day, interesting thread on where all the players are now:
  • Options
    Good thread, wonder if we’ll look at Dynel Simeu. A 22 year old CB out of contract in the summer, started at Chelsea before moving to Southampton. Had a few EFL loans.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Good thread, wonder if we’ll look at Dynel Simeu. A 22 year old CB out of contract in the summer, started at Chelsea before moving to Southampton. Had a few EFL loans.

Had a bad ACL injury in August 2023 so would be ideal : -:smiley:
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Interestingly at Southampton at the same time as Nathan Jones, Small and Ramsay. 
  • Options
    Interesting to see how many have switched nations, higher than you'd expect!
  • Options
    ? What happened?
    He started playing for Scotland from u16
  • Options
    ……at darts ?
  • Options
    I think it’s to do with the fact that in the junior levels of international football you play for the nation where you go to school. Once you’ve left school you can then decide who you want to represent at senior level. 
  • Options
    An incredible mix of clubs where they play at too. From global giants like Real and Bayern to non league and lower Scottish teams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Interestingly at Southampton at the same time as Nathan Jones, Small and Ramsay. 
    I think Ramsay left to join Harrogate before Jones was bought in to "save" Southampton.
  • Options
    He did okay today. We definitely need someone to play that role next year rather than anderson
  • Options
    edited April 27
    I’d offer him a contract. Doubt he’d be expensive at this point. 
    He's not out of contract
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    He's not out of contract
    Thank god for that
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    He's not out of contract
    Thank god for that
    He must be thinking the same thing... two more years of Man City wages when he's barely playing at L1 level
  • Options
    Good job you don't hold the purse strings then mate!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m not saying it should be him, we need a better version of him. 
  • Options
    edited April 27
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Nicholas said:
    What wrong with some of you people. He was shit. No where near up to standard.
    I can only think some people are so punch drunk from Charlton giving our brains one beating after another that they're not functioning properly.

He couldn't get into the shitest team we've had in nearly 100 years. Why you would want to sign him based on that makes no sense at all.
    And yet NJ chose to start him yesterday. I just can’t fathom a rational reason for doing that. He could have played Camara or Louie Watson in that role if he wanted one last look at players that at least we could sign for next season, if they somehow turned in a performance that impressed him.

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Nicholas said:
    I can only think some people are so punch drunk from Charlton giving our brains one beating after another that they're not functioning properly.

He couldn't get into the shitest team we've had in nearly 100 years. Why you would want to sign him based on that makes no sense at all.
    And yet NJ chose to start him yesterday. I just can’t fathom a rational reason for doing that. He could have played Camara or Louie Watson in that role if he wanted one last look at players that at least we could sign for next season, if they somehow turned in a performance that impressed him.

May be a clause in the loan contract had to be met?!?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Nicholas said:

May be a clause in the loan contract had to be met?!?
    The don’t play him for 3 months then give him 45 minutes clause 😂😂. If there was a clause, why give him 45 mins rather than 2 mins at the end
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Nicholas said:

Except Jones didn’t start him at all and then played him as a 10 which isn’t a position Camara is as natural in. Watson is a 10 but apparently had a stinking attitude in training. Think Fiorini was just the best option of a bad bunch   
  • Options
    As soon as it's apparent that they'll struggle to get in the full England team, players are quick to adopt granny's homeland. Fair play to them, I'd have done the same if I could, but seeing as I couldn't even manage to get picked for my school team, it was never likely that the Swedes would come calling.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    As soon as it's apparent that they'll struggle to get in the full England team, players are quick to adopt granny's homeland. Fair play to them, I'd have done the same if I could, but seeing as I couldn't even manage to get picked for my school team, it was never likely that the Swedes would come calling.
     at that age they have to play for the country they go to school in so some of them only played for England because it was that or nothing 

believe it or not, not everyone wants to play for England 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Nicholas said:

Was staggered when I saw last night he’d started. The only rational reason I can see is NJ didn’t choose to start him, there might have been some contractual aspect where by playing him it reduced the amount we have to pay Man City.  

I can’t think of any other logical reason. 
  • Options
    He didn't start...