Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Used away tickets

Sorting through some papers I found these, no idea why I’ve still got those ones in particular though there are probably more around the house somewhere and I know as a kid I wouldn’t have thrown a ticket away (albeit mostly we would have mostly paid on the gate and there wouldn’t have been a ticket). Nice to see I’ve still got  ‘that Pompey ticket’;

Comments

• Options
    I went to both those AFC games that season, I think we lost the cup one and the other was the infamous "Karl Robinson is a lying cunt" banner game....
  • Options
    The museum are always interested in old tickets, the older the better.
  • Options
    Do you want those ones ?
  • Options
    Do you want those ones ?
    Yes, please
  • Options
    Although if anyone has one of these....
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Was expecting this thread to be pictures of tickets from the 1950’s or something, not bloody Reading away a couple of weeks ago!
    Forward planning, In 15 years time when this thread is 1000 pages long that ticket will be the subject of many a ‘I was there’ comment….
  • Options
     Not a ticket but I found this as well. After we were about to relegated to the third tier (for the first of sadly too many visits since) in 1972 one of the London evening papers jumped on the opportunity to take the piss, probably the Evening News. It’s the worse for wear and suffering from the sellotape trying to preserve it but still just about readable.

What it says is ‘Think of all the fascinating new places you’ll visit if we go down _ Mansfield _ Rochdale _ Barnsley’

2 inches by 3 1/4 inches

• Options
    Badly faded but you can just about make out the date 2 Feb 2013

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Badly faded but you can just about make out the date 2 Feb 2013

Was that the match where a Charlton fan punched the Eagle ?
  • Options
    edited April 18
    We sat in the stands for this one so we would have had a ticket to do that. I did think the ticket would be with the programme. Sadly it’s not so need to rethink where it could be. As a kid there’s no way I would have not kept it

Anyway, I’ll post this anyway to brighten up your afternoon…if you don’t know, I’m sure someone will soon enlighten you 😁

• Options
    I would show mine but to many 🤣

Decided in 2011 to start collecting every ticket, so have every ticket from 2011 and my season ticket, home matches(from when i didn't have a season ticket due to money) and any away games or cup games
  • Options
    I would show mine but to many 🤣

Decided in 2011 to start collecting every ticket, so have every ticket from 2011 and my season ticket, home matches(from when i didn't have a season ticket due to money) and any away games or cup games
    The more posted on here the better I would have thought. HI can then go shopping for the ones the museum hasn’t got; and there will be a picture trigger for us all to reminisce about. 
  • Options
    Sorting through some papers I found these, no idea why I’ve still got those ones in particular though there are probably more around the house somewhere and I know as a kid I wouldn’t have thrown a ticket away (albeit mostly we would have mostly paid on the gate and there wouldn’t have been a ticket). Nice to see I’ve still got  ‘that Pompey ticket’;

Got
    Got
    Got
    Need
    Got
    Got 
    Got
    Got

• Sponsored links:

• Options

My first visit to Old Trafford. 
    In the back of Peter Pages old Bedford van.
  • Options
    Not to a match but still one of the football clubs biggest advents.

• Options
    First Palace then Arsenal
  • Options

This is Charlton’s most important match and result. Had we not won this match ,just maybe none of us would have had a team to support.

Signature is of Charltons goal scorer that night not once but twice,Peter Shirtliff.

Leeds United 1 Charlton Athletic 2

Definitely worth starting this thread…
  • Options
    edited April 19
    Our tickets for that match were in the stand opposite the one you were in - just need to find mine now 
  • Options
    Brilliant stuff @Lewis Coaches, envious of those early ones.

Took some photos of tickets from one season, 1973/74, picked at random, from the museum's collection
  • Options
    We also have this garage advert from the same year

• Options
    If you're wondering why, the otherside is the reason

• Options

This is Charlton’s most important match and result. Had we not won this match ,just maybe none of us would have had a team to support.

Signature is of Charltons goal scorer that night not once but twice,Peter Shirtliff.

Leeds United 1 Charlton Athletic 2

Still got my 'programme' for this game, with the score written on with biro :-) but ticket long gone