Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wycombe Away

For train travelling folk
No Bakerloo line open
Jubilee to Baker Street then 7 min walk to Marylebone ⚽️

Comments

• Options
    I will not be adding comments on the matchday thread, I am on holiday, hoping to have a better time than you who are watching the last game of the season
  • Options
    Anyone worked out the logistics, pubs and timings for the 12.30 ko yet ?

• Options
    7 of us meeting at the spoons near Marylebone for 9am getting the 11.02 train to Wycombe. 
  • Options
    edited April 22
    Anyone worked out the logistics, pubs and timings for the 12.30 ko yet ?

'The Hour Glass' closest pub to the ground, opens at 10am apparently.
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/97916/pubs-for-wycombe-away#latest
  • Options
    Not my first visit there but I’ve not used that bus service before. Is it practical to use, ie given there would probably be a lot of fans that might need to use it, do they have plenty of buses or is if a long wait to get on one ?

i don’t mind walking but a pub or two along the way would make it a more pleasant stroll

• Options
    7 of us meeting at the spoons near Marylebone for 9am getting the 11.02 train to Wycombe. 
    Not a lot of margin space the other end of there’s any delays or cancellations. There’s a decent pub near Higb Wycombe station that we used last season

• Options
    Do they sell alcohol in any of those catering stalls outside the stadium ?
  • Options
    2 seasons ago they did 
  • Options
    Probably worth reminding everyone that if it’s the same as last season the platform for the return journey is the one opposite from where you enter the station; the distance (from memory) between those two platforms is probably about the same as the distance between platform 7 and platform 1 at London Bridge (correct me if I’m wrong or it has changed) and to cross over you have to use a bridge about 100 yards down the platform; and the platforms are so long that you have to then walk another 150 yards or so to get to where the train has stopped. Last year was a farce with about 50 or so Charlton fans timing their exits from pubs to catch the train and having to sprint down the platform, run across the bridge and then dash down the next platform to get on the train. Fortunately those fans already on the train kept the doors forced open for us all. Fair play, I didn’t notice anybody spewing up when they got to the train but I bet a fair few felt like doing so.🤮🤮🤮
  • Options
    From 11am
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just booked tickets for me and my boy , damn didn’t know that pricey for a pointless game in a rubbish stadium , I just about get over my ticket price , but £7 for a 4 year old , behave