Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marathon today

Who ended out and where?

Had a great spot by Heron Quays between mile 18-19, great atmosphere 

Comments

• Options
    Jim Ratcliffe did a PB of 4hrs 30min 52secs. For a 71 year old that is quite good!
  • Options
    Jim Ratcliffe did a PB of 4hrs 30min 52secs. For a 71 year old that is quite good!
    Cycling supplements 👍🏼
  • Options
    I went and saw a few mates at Deptford then Cannon Street. Thought it was incredible to be fair, uplifting and emotional even as a spectator. Got to be one of the only large scale events with no dickheads about, the best of community and society both on the track and the sidelines. I really need to do it.

p.s. Why were playing on a Sunday in 1983?
    Back when crowds were on the smallest size we tried gimmicks! 
    Someone thought might be an idea play on Sunday morning of marathon might pick up some extra people out watching race. Unable to kick off in morning so put kick off back to afternoon 2pm.
    Did it work?  No.

• Options
    The Rose of Denmark was heaving at 11am, and good fun. 
  • Options
    That would be our German Addick pals ! 
  • Options
    Well done @stop_shouting I didn’t know you were running and would have looked out for you! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Always a good place to see the marathon, and it got some good shots on TV.
  • Options
    Well done @stop_shouting I didn’t know you were running and would have looked out for you! 
    Cheers mate
  • Options

Always a good place to see the marathon, and it got some good shots on TV.
    I've got a marathon day routine now - up to Shooters Hill Road to see the wheelchair racers and the elite women, down to Charlton Road to see the first mass runners (they're a lot more spread out than they used to be), down the hill to the flyover for the drummers and the elite men, then back to the Rose of Denmark. Always a great morning. 
  • Options
    London Marathon was much Better in the early days of the event. Use to watch the start in the park then down to Cutty Sark and then through foot tunnel. 
    Now appears to be all advertising hoardings.

The 1981 marathon - see how chaotic the start is, and the race car careering through Southwark Park! (Unfortunately contains Savile at the Cutty Sark, though.)

• Options
    I volunteered on a baggage lorry yesterday. Was damned tiring and a long day but was great. Spoke to runners from all round the world with a huge range of stories about how they got to the finish line. 

Well done to all here who ran it or helped or were part of building the atmosphere round the course by watching clapping and cheering.