Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Friendlies 2024

I know we can’t wait for the season to finish, but just trying to plan stuff for the summer, any news on when they’ll be announced?

Comments

• Options
    Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Luton on the list, maybe even Southampton if Jones made any contacts in the short time he was there.
    Luton were planned for last summer so that's a good shout. 
  • Options
    Millwall away  hopefully so I can foolishly believe this will be the year once again and throw yet more money down the drain on us going up .
  • Options
    It'll be interesting if Dartford will still get a first team friendly, after their relegation.
  • Options
    Anyone know if they are planning on going back to Marbella?
  • Options
    It'll be interesting if Dartford will still get a first team friendly, after their relegation.
    Think they will as part of the agreement for our academy games sometimes being played there 
  • Options
    Wouldn’t surprise me if they went to Jamaica 🇯🇲 for a game or two. 
  • Options
    edited April 24
    Wouldn’t surprise me if they went to Jamaica 🇯🇲 for a game or two. 

Part of the tie up is that Mount Pleasant Academy play a charity pre season game v Charlton at The Valley each year so that is definitely happening I guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They are going to Slovenia. Overheard a player say so.
  • Options
    Maribor is twinned with the royal borough of Greenwich.
  • Options
    Am sure a few people from here have been there with England

@cafctom or @The_Organiser maybe? 
  • Options
    edited April 25
    Haven’t had the pleasure of doing Slovenia yet. Though I did do the Marbella trip last year which was good fun. 

Only thing to look out for this year is whether any of the friendlies will clash with the Euros. I imagine the first couple probably will. 
  • Options
    I was in Slovenia twice in the past few years - beautiful beautiful place and people. That would be an amazing pre-season tour 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From the new pitch thread it sounds like August 3rd will be on the only pre-season match at The Valley

Work begins on the pitch in May to ensure everything is in place for the men’s first-team’s final pre-season friendly on Saturday, August 3rd.
  • Options
    Oakster2 said:
    I was in Slovenia twice in the past few years - beautiful beautiful place and people. That would be an amazing pre-season tour 
    Favourite place I've been - completely agree with your comments.

Would be a class trip.
  • Options
    From the new pitch thread it sounds like August 3rd will be on the only pre-season match at The Valley

Work begins on the pitch in May to ensure everything is in place for the men’s first-team’s final pre-season friendly on Saturday, August 3rd.
    We normally only play one at the Valley 
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if it was Luton at home , that would tally up with the cancelled friendly from last summer and the NJ link. Rest of it I guess will be a mix of sides abroad and the usual non League sides. 
  • Options
    It will probably look a bit like this.

Welling United - July 6th
    --Europe x2 fixtures
    Crawley Town - 11th July
    Dagenham & Redbridge - 16th July
    Ebbsfleet United - 20th July
    Millwall - 23rd July
    Maidstone United - 27th July
    Luton H - 30th July
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    PopIcon said:
    It will probably look a bit like this.

Welling United - July 6th
    --Europe x2 fixtures
    Crawley Town - 11th July
    Dagenham & Redbridge - 16th July
    Ebbsfleet United - 20th July
    Millwall - 23rd July
    Maidstone United - 27th July
    Luton H - 30th July
    I’d ask you for tonight’s Euro numbers, but you’ve got that last one wrong even when the club have said the date already 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️😂😂😂
    Can I be the first to say we deserved more than a draw?
  • Options
    Send the kids to Welling - don’t want any first teamers injured in needless tackles by part time postman again. 

We can’t afford to start a new season without Leaburn / Alfie, 
    Same for Dartford if that gets arranged again.