Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Highlights And Memorable Moments Of The Season

Alfie's goals, and Nathan coming in with his team, and saving us from relegation to League two, other than that, i'm struggling for any!

Comments

• Options
    Struggling to think of anything particularly good at home.

Those away games at Derby and Bolton gave us the points we needed, but honestly, very little else.
  • Options
    Full-Time Whistle against Wycombe on Saturday has to be up there

Kanu and Anderson's progression in the First Team
  • Options
    Half past two next Saturday

Portsmouth (both games) was good; I imagine they are probably quite pleased to see the back of us.  Enjoyed Carlisle away - apart from the match itself :-(
  • Options
    I enjoyed early MA time best.
    CBT roasting defenders
    Alfie Scoring
     Some high scoring games
    Still hope that something could happen this season.

NJ- relief is the main emotion (that we were spared relegation) -no enjoyment as football is lowest , poorest standard. Few chances created. Dull. But we survived  for more next season.
  • Options
    Oh, the comeback against Blackpool, ft. CBT hitting one and it actually sailing in the top corner for once
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    th0rryy said:
    Struggling to think of anything particularly good at home.

Same. I was discussing this with my son during last Saturday's game, trying to recall the last really thrilling game we had, or the last time we gave a team a convincing thumping at home. There wasn't a single one this season that stuck out, the most recent I can think of is the 4-4 with Ipswich (predictably a draw).

• Options
    Beating Reading 4-0? A dire season. 
  • Options
    the first half of the Millwall away Pre Season game.....

........literally been downhill since that half time
  • Options
    edited April 23
    I don't think I am going to forget the lowest finish in my lifetime.
    I am sure I have witnessed and forgotten other dire games in my 62 years supporting, but I can't recall a more gutless, spineless, clueless, abject display of uselessness as that game away at Gillingham.
    (NB I missed the Cray Valley game).
    Thank God for Nathan Jones, instilling some spirit, togetherness, purpose and resolve and managing the side to safety. We were without doubt going down with his predecessor.
    Alfie May. Bless you and thanks.
    Dobbo, thanks for everything and good luck with your future ventures.
    That's all I've got
    EDIT: Actually Pompey away was (and always is) fun. Going to miss that next season
  • Options
    Aneke falling over when breathed upon in the North East corner, and Andrade of Leyton Orient’s world class shithousery with the foam on Boxing Day.
  • Options
    The Cheltenham away win, my only away win this season...
  • Options
    Kanu and Anderson’s development
  • Options
    Derby Away, made me a believer again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I thought the Bhaji Burger was ok.
  • Options
    Remember those pigeons?
  • Options
    We should have a whip round to invest in one of those memory erasers from Men in Black. 
  • Options
    the first half of the Millwall away Pre Season game.....

........literally been downhill since that half time
    Nailed it
  • Options
    I would say the one moment this season where I felt truly excited, like it used to/is supposed to feel, was Anderson crashing in the winner away at Derby. Other than that I have felt quite numb watching us this season, although the fact that these days I am watching matches at 8 am on a Saturday on my own on an iPad does not help with that.
  • Options
    1) NJ has saved us from the worst
    2) Strong progression of DK & KA
    3) We have a proven goalscorer
    4) Not necessarily the most impressive one but we are on a long unbeaten run
    5) some of our players will fit in to a promotion challenging squad. Admittedly some are not up to standard but not all.

A base to build from but build further we must. Very important summer.
  • Options
    edited April 23

• Options
    Ladapo's goal at the Covered end.

Enjoy it. Lap it up. You wont see anything like it ever again (from him in a CAFC shirt). 

(*words care of Martin Tyler.)
  • Options
    I've only been to home games but as others have mentioned I really can't recall any highlights. Even when we had the initial bounce with NJ we couldn't turn draws into wins vs Portsmouth, Lincoln. 

Really hope next season is better 
  • Options
    edited April 23
    Alfie May and his goals.

The progress of Daniel Kanu and Karoy Anderson. Knowing we have two very good young players there who could have a big year next season.

Nathan Jones being appointed and making me feel we could do something special next season. It’s got a Powell-esque type feeling for me. A new dawn is among us.

Dobson scoring the first and last goal at The Valley. His first and last full season as our captain.

And to make things really full circle, including a new dawn being among us and looking forward to the future… conceiving my unborn son the day of the Wycombe home game on a sunny September afternoon, winning that day, and now we will be ending the season away at Wycombe with my pregnant wife in attendance with me.