Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Bent charm offensive

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
Demelza

our favourity charity.

Comments

• Options
    And talking about our favourite Charity....AFKA when will CL contribution be donated?
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    To be fair to him he did go along with Chrissy Powell previously (the video they showed on the big screen a few times) and that was before he was widely regarded as the spawn of satan!

He's probably not a bad guy but really lost his way last season when it should have been all hands to the deck, that's not easily forgivable. I also think he's a very limited footballer but don't blame him for that, if he gave 100% every week then I'd have no problem with him, it's not his fault we wasted £2.5m on him or chose to pay him more a month than he's actually worth a year. It is his fault when he doesn't give his all on the pitch though (not something I'd accuse him of this week - in spite of the slightly dubious 'injury' that he seems to pick up every single week!).

(I still don't think he played as well on Saturday as most on here. We got a bit more out of him than usual but thought he was far from the 'revelation' that some have described!).
  • Options
    Under Pardew last season he put the effort in and played pretty well, but without getting on the scoresheet, perhaps not surprisingly that became a mopnkey on his back, as Pards said.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite] not surprisingly that became a mopnkey on his back, as Pards said.

"hey hey we're the mopnkeys"
  • Options
    Perhaps we need to apply a bit of reverse psychology with Marcus.

If we sung his name and got behind him, would we get a lot more out of him as he played to the crowd? ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite] mop 'n' keys
    is that what you give your latest conquests?
    "Clean up love and lock up after you."