Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Camino

Just nearing the completion of 10 days walking of the St James Way . We started at Le Puy de Velay and have walked approx 110 miles 

lots of rain ; very beautiful! Anyone else had a go. Will arrive in Espalion later today. Most of the walk was done at over 1000m and the highest point was 1420m

Comments

• Options
    Camino De Santiago?

Sounds wonderful.

I haven;t done it but would love to.

A few years ago I went on a walking holiday with "Explore "travel company to the Pico's de Europa- (Northern Spain between  Santander and Gijon). The walking was mainly termed 'Moderate" but I'd say bloody steep. Absolutely staggering rugged beautiful mountains and a superb guide Juan. He ran a small country hotel in Sotres. Modest but friendly. Excellent holiday.
    Even the photos are stunning.
  • Options
    Very jealous,  definitely one for my bucket list. 
  • Options
    Santiago to Finisterre a few years ago. Loved it. Good company, good exercise, time to reflect a bit. Just talking about it with a fellow  as I did my daily seafront walk in Broadstairs. Enjoy.
  • Options
    Would love to do at least one of the walks if my 66, nearly 67, year old legs are up to it. Maybe the last 100km of one of the routes so I could still get the certificate!
  • Options
    Oh, I thought someone had bought one of these. https://www.carandclassic.com/l/C1714629

Never mind, have fun you pedestrians!
  • Options
    Got any pics, Jo?
  • Options
    I walked the Camino Frances route from St Jean-Pied-de-Port to Santiago de Compostela in 2017 a few months after retiring. Started out with six of us and finished with eleven as various friends and family joined along the way.

Have just decided this week to walk it again with my wife in September 2025, 34 walking days, 7 rest days plus 2 travel days. Am 70 next year and have persuaded my four sons to walk the first few days with us, including that first magic day when you walk over the Pyrenees from France into Spain. May have some friends joining us along the route to walk with us for a few days.

Would recommend to anyone who has both the time and the inclination. A wonderful experience.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We did the Camino Ingles last September, 80 odd miles over 6 days inc some tough climbs.
    Quite the most amazing trip, highly recommended. Walking into the Cathedral Square in Santiago is truly memorable 
    Doing the Portuguese Coastal later this year.
  • Options
    We did the Camino Ingles last September, 80 odd miles over 6 days inc some tough climbs.
    Quite the most amazing trip, highly recommended. Walking into the Cathedral Square in Santiago is truly memorable 
    Are you starting in Lisbon or Porto?
  • Options
    Are you starting in Lisbon or Porto?
    Porto as we are a bit limited time wise
  • Options
    Sounds good. We were working on an itinerary from Lisbon back in 2019 with a plan to walk it in 2020 but then Covid and then a house move put it on the back-burner. It looked like there were some good sections on the route from Porto.