Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Am I Paranoid......

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
or does anybody else think Jerome's "hamstring injury" means that he is on his way?

Comments

• Options
    Sincerely hope he's not Len as we missed him on Saturday. Does make you wonder though.
  • Options
    I hope not but cant see where all these midfielders are gonna go.

Reid is a definite starter but can play in the middle and left and with Ambrose, Zheng, Christensen also available in that position I wonder if he might be off.

Zheng will come in for Ambrose at Stoke, Semedo seems to be a favourite of Pards so can only see Reid going left.

I suppose at £3m+ it wouldn't be a bad deal.

Only player I want out is Faye.
  • Options
    I don't believe Reid should play left at all he should play center-mid and Thomas should play left when fit. As our most creative player I believe Reid has to play in the center and we will look a totally different side when he Doe's
  • Options
    100% millaphile, agreed
  • Options
    On the main site, in the article about signing Therry Racon, Pards says "Racon & ZZ will be strong competition in central midfield for Darren Ambrose, Jose Semedo & Matt(y) Holland." No mention of Faye, so looks like Pards is expecting him to go.
  • Options
    Or possibly to use Faye as an emergency center half as Boogey and Paddy didn't exactly inspire confidence on sat!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]On the main site, in the article about signing Therry Racon, Pards says "Racon & ZZ will be strong competition in central midfield for Darren Ambrose, Jose Semedo & Matt(y) Holland." No mention of Faye, so looks like Pards is expecting him to go.

no mention of Reid so is he on his way as well ?
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]or does anybody else think Jerome's "hamstring injury" means that he is on his way?

one of the Sundays said Derby were going to bid again. IF he goes we'd have to get a left winger in as Reid is far more effective in the middle and Ambrose,Chrisiansen and Sam are more effective on the right.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: millaphile[/cite]Or possibly to use Faye as an emergency center half as Boogey and Paddy didn't exactly inspire confidence on sat!![/quote]

Is Fortune just not going to get a look in? I know he made mistakes at Prem level but he weren't that bad, has a lot of experience now, and is surely more than capable for this league if not why bother keeping him. I'd prefer him to play ahead of both paddy and Boogie.
  • Options
    JT always has a sick note.
  • Options
    A little bit harsh, Salad. This current injury, according to Pards, is a tight hamstring - and he wasn't going to be risked until the Stoke match.

Pre-season last summer, he broke a bone in his foot, missing the rest of the pre-season plus all games until the Fulham match in the middle of October. When you miss a large part of pre-season, it takes a fair time to catch up on fitness compared with other players.

Other than that he's been regularly available.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    considering how many times he gets booted i'm surprised he's not injured more.
  • Options
    From what i've heard Jerome took a wage drop to stay with us. Derby somewhat surprisingly offered him a pretty decent package, but he wants to stay, which is only benefitial for him and the Charlton in my opinion.

Reid did not want a wage drop but Pardew really wanted to keep him so they had to meet his wage demands.

I just wish the club would be a bit more upfront with the injuries players have and when they will be back.

not too much to ask is it ?
  • Options
    From what i've heard Jerome took a wage drop to stay with us. Derby somewhat surprisingly offered him a pretty decent package, but he wants to stay, which is only benefitial for him and the Charlton in my opinion.

And in which division will he be playing next year? With Derby he'll most likely be facing a relegation fight, and ending up where he is now.

More likely it wasn't so much a case of wanting to stay at Charlton, but like Darren Bent waiting until the right offer/decent club comes in for him.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Perhaps, but give him credit. A lot of players just go to whoever offers them the most, with no other considerations at all. Besides who's to say Derby won't stay up and / or we stay down.

Saw today btw that Derby have upped their offer.
  • Options
    I hope he stays. He's one of a couple of players that could make the difference between drawing games and winning games, and they're going to be vital.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]or does anybody else think Jerome's "hamstring injury" means that he is on his way?

I though the same Len. Hope we're wrong.