Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

bit of advice

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
I took my girlfriend to the game for the first time on sat as did not have tickets went up there fairly earlier as was walking in to the west stand entrance at the gates by the club shop to buy the tickets the steward for the car park asked her to put out her cigarette, not a problem went in got our tickets then started to make our way back to go to the shop. as we where walking past this steward he asked if he could ask a favour thinking he was going to explain about the cigarette and not being able to smoke now walked over, he then said to me could he have my girlfriend . I was pretty taken aback and you can imagine what my response was. my girlfriend did feel a bit uneasy. really not to sure weather to leave this but feel like reporting it to the club.

should I do this and possibly cost someone there job or am I taken it a bit to far and should just forget about it.

cheers

Comments

• Options
    you should of clumped the mug! feckin cheek!

I would report the freak!
  • Options
    If it was just a light -hearted comment then you should treat it as a compliment I suggest keep it schtum unless it happens again, after all if he loses his job for something that was meant as a joke I personally would feel awful for reporting it!
  • Options
    what? he asked you seriously Like? what were his exact words?

sounds like he was trying to have a laugh but gone wrong
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: millaphile[/cite]If it was just a light -hearted comment then you should treat it as a compliment I suggest keep it schtum unless it happens again, after all if he loses his job for something that was meant as a joke I personally would feel awful for reporting it!

not really an exceptable joke tho is it, what if our rose and crown was a total loonatic, and clumped him, not fair he should be put in that sort of situation by someone who is supposed to be a authoritive figure!
  • Options
    Was the comment said jokingly perhaps in an attempt to make amends for the "cigarette incident?" I'm not saying such a comment is the right way to behave but that may have been his motive. Impossible to tell from the printed word.

Was your girlfriend upset by the incident? In your shoes I might complain if the girlfriend was upset but if she wasn't bothered and it was just me feeling annoyed by it then I would probably let it go.
  • Options
    he just asked if for a favour i said what he said could i have her. the thing is from my response he did not say anything no sorry.

i dont realyy want to cost some one there job but did pee me off a bit and just think that he is not a right thing to say.
  • Options
    Report the pervert, if he dont how to act proper he shouldnt be doing that job! If you were a nutta like and hit him, who'd be the one in trouble! Not him!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Was the comment said jokingly perhaps in an attempt to make amends for the "cigarette incident?" I'm not saying such a comment is the right way to behave but that may have been his motive. Impossible to tell from the printed word.

Was your girlfriend upset by the incident? In your shoes I might complain if the girlfriend was upset but if she wasn't bothered and it was just me feeling annoyed by it then I would probably let it go.

she did feel a bit uneasy and did not want to walk back past him to go to the ground, i can take that as a joke from a friend but a complete stranger out of the blue wound me up.
  • Options
    the fact that he called you over to 'ask a favour' suggests he has had time to think about saying it and therefore is imo not an off the cuff, cheap shot remark meant as a joke.
    having not clumped him you should report him.
    i (and most) wouldn't put up with it in a shop/bar etc, at the end of the day there is very little difference.
  • Options
    Joking or not, no one least of all a steward should make that sort of comment! If it was meant as a joke let him explain that to the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What sort of comment is that to make?

I'd report it. If it's the first time he's done something like that, and meant it as a joke then then he won't lose his job but clearly someone needs to tell him that that sort of comment isn't acceptable.
  • Options
    before anyone else says it r&c...

Can i have your girlfriend?
  • Options
    Ring Reg and ask his advice what you should do....?

Where's Henry? ;-)
  • Options
    I would say get the twat sacked but then going to football should be a laugh.

You dont want to be forever watching your back in case he is a nut nut.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]before anyone else says it r&c...

Can i have your girlfriend?

have you got time for anymore?
  • Options
    Joke or not it peed you off and made your girlfriend feel uncomfortable. Hopefully it hasn't put here off going to future games. Whether your a director of the club to sweeping the streets, people should have certain standards especially when working with the public. I'd report him. Failing that give him a good shoeing!
  • Options
    Me personally I would get a load of Charlton Lifers together then we will all confront this bloke next home game, see how funny he thinks it is with about thirty or so of us standing around him.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Me personally I would get a load of Charlton Lifers together then we will all confront this bloke next home game, see how funny he thinks it is with about thirty or so of us standing around him.[/quote]

Best mate, was you watching "Gangs of New York" with your american pal ?
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    No But I was at Chelsea yesterday with all those West London Plastic Mongs
  • Options
    had something similar happen to me.
    We had some guy from the national statistics office knock on the door telling us the household has been selected to take part in some goverment survey bollocks.
    When i buggered off as i couldnt be arsed with all that crap, he told my mrs that she had a lovely voice and should call him sometime - but not to tell me!

she told me all this after he had gone as she knows i would have clumped him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    did you get one of those poxy flags ? are you around on Wednesday ? we have a friendly arranged
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]had something similar happen to me.
    We had some guy from the national statistics office knock on the door telling us the household has been selected to take part in some goverment survey bollocks.
    When i buggered off as i couldnt be arsed with all that crap, he told my mrs that she had a lovely voice and should call him sometime - but not to tell me!

she told me all this after he had gone as she knows i would have clumped him!

that to me seems worst being that the bloke was at your door must of made you mrs feel a bit uneasy.

to be honest i thought maybe i was overeacting but seems a few of you understand where i am coming from.
  • Options
    if you report your twat - i'll report my twat!
  • Options
    See, this is another example of why its best leaving the fairer sex at home and just going to football with the lads :-)

Seriously, i'd report it. Not in a 'i think he should be sacked way' but to a 'bringing your attention way'.
    You never know how vital it may be in the future if a similar but slightly more seious incident happens to someone elsewhere, and the club are unsure on who is telling the truth.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Me personally I would get a load of Charlton Lifers together then we will all confront this bloke next home game, see how funny he thinks it is with about thirty or so of us standing around him.

Yes, we could all whack him with our keyboards...
  • Options
    CharltonLife- the new B-mob.
  • Options
    I'd have kicked the shit out of him on the spot...or atleast asked him to explain himself whilst holding him up against the wall with my hand around his neck. Bloody cheeky git. This needs to be nipped in the bud, cause you never know about these types of people, if you know what I mean...he could be a proper perv!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Me personally I would get a load of Charlton Lifers together then we will all confront this bloke next home game, see how funny he thinks it is with about thirty or so of us standing around him.

Yes, we could all whack him with our keyboards...

or laptops :)
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Seriously.

R&C. You seem concerned enough to post this on the board. You shouldn't feel concerned about bringing this to the attention of the relevant people at CAFC.

Stewards, like the Police, should all have identifying numbers on the uniforms or jackets. Did you get his number? If so send that in too.
  • Options
    no did not get a number butthe club should know who was working the west stand gates at 10.30 he was the only one there.

still not to sure think i may write a letter more to bring it to the attention of the club as he is after all representing our club, just glad it did not put my girlfriend off and she had a good day that apart.

made me smile as she started using the word we when talking about the game.