Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2023-24 CL Prediction League Week 36 Results **Congratulations to our Champion, WestSussexAddick**

It's been the tightest CL Prediction League ever, but huge congratulations to @WestSussexAddick, who, over 36 weeks, proved a notch better than some and miles better than many others like me. I am sure champagne corks are popping in West Sussex tonight, and rightly so! It was a great effort by all the other top Premier League stars who came so close to the coveted trophy. Those narrowly missing out on the title deserve a mention - @Chippycafc, @AFKABartram, @Chris_from_Sidcup and @redlanered. Also, a mention for  @ChicagoAddick who ended the season by getting the highest score for the last two weeks. Congratulations to the divisional winners - namely, @Covered End in the Championship, @covered_end_junior in League One, @Saulc23 in League Two and @Seabros in the National League. Thanks to everyone for taking part. I'm off for a holiday in the Seychelles, thanks to the profits of the Prediction League. I'll be back one last time for 23-24 season with the End of Season Megastatbank in a week or so, but I'll also be back for everyone to get their predictions wrong in August for the 24-25 season. Ciao.

This week's mini-statbank

Graveyard prediction of the week: Swansea City 0 Millwall 1 (0 correct scores, 0 correct results, 7 wrong predictions)
Zero to hero predictor(s): @Billyboy (0 points last week, 5 points this week)
Unfancied fixture of the week: Montrose 3 Queen of the South 2 (2 predictions - 0 correct scores, 2 correct results, 0 wrong predictions)
Competitor in the same position as Charlton: @Macronate (16th)
Longest streak of scoring 2+ each week - 6 weeks: @WestSussexAddick
Longest streak of scoring 1 or less each week - 9 weeks: @Rudders22
Formguide - best over last 4 weeks: @ChicagoAddick 13, @WestSussexAddick 13, @MrOneLung 12, @StrikerFirmani 12, @AFKABartram 11, @killerandflash 11, @lindos480 11, @Paddy Powell 11, @Redmidland 11, @Saulc23 11
Best prediction of the week: @BertieB - Leeds 1 Southampton 2 (24 predictions, 1 correct score, 0 correct results, 23 wrong predictions)
Worst prediction(s) of the week: : @tommo - Chelsea v West Ham United 1-2
Biggest riser of the week: @Follower Fred from 1st National League to 4th League Two
Biggest faller of the week: @Pedro45 from 11th League One to 24th League One
Biggest riser over last 4 weeks: @ChicagoAddick from 2nd League One to 15th Premier League
Biggest faller over last 4 weeks: @jakecafc from 23rd League One to 5th National League
Division Leaders: Premier League - @WestSussexAddick , Championship - @Covered End , League One - @covered_end_junior , League Two - @Saulc23 , National - @Seabros , National South - @Karim_myBagheri

This week's scores
ChicagoAddick ... 6
Follower Fred ... 6
Billyboy ... 5
Addick Addict ... 4
BertieB ... 4
charscot ... 4
clive ... 4
IdleHans ... 4
johnnybev1987 ... 4
killerandflash ... 4
Lewis Coaches ... 4
MrOneLung ... 4
Saulc23 ... 4
BR7_addick ... 3
chezzafromcharlton ... 3
Chippycafc ... 3
CL_Phantom ... 3
lindos480 ... 3
MrLargo ... 3
rananegra ... 3
redlanered ... 3
Redmidland ... 3
Taxi_Lad ... 3
timken ... 3
WestSussexAddick ... 3
AFKABartram ... 2
alan dugdale ... 2
barstool ... 2
Blackheathen ... 2
Bods64 ... 2
Buglehorn ... 2
charente addick ... 2
Charlton_Stu ... 2
Chicken_Skins ... 2
Curbsgoldenera ... 2
Dansk_Red ... 2
DyerConsequences ... 2
ecclesaddick ... 2
fat man on a moped ... 2
GoOnYouHaddocks ... 2
Jonniesta ... 2
Joshb2000 ... 2
Killarahales ... 2
meldrew66 ... 2
moutuakilla ... 2
No.1 in South London ... 2
North Lower Neil ... 2
NorthheathAddick ... 2
oohaahmortimer ... 2
Paddy Powell ... 2
PaddyP17 ... 2
paulbaconsarnie ... 2
RC_CAFC ... 2
sarge1g ... 2
Scott ... 2
sholland ... 2
soapboxsam ... 2
stackitsteve ... 2
Starinnaddick ... 2
stonemuse ... 2
StrikerFirmani ... 2
Swerve ... 2
thecat ... 2
throughthickandthin ... 2
Tutt-Tutt ... 2
Viewfinder ... 2
walshiesleftfoot ... 2
Webbja77 ... 2
WHAddick ... 2
56yearsofdreams ... 1
Bangkokaddick ... 1
Big_Bob ... 1
Bill_Stumps ... 1
blackpool72 ... 1
cafcwill ... 1
Chris_from_Sidcup ... 1
covered_end_junior ... 1
Dannoo_86 ... 1
Dazzler21 ... 1
flyingkiwiDK ... 1
Frankie_de_Toro ... 1
Hamlet ... 1
jakecafc ... 1
Kap10 ... 1
ken_shabby ... 1
LeeValliant ... 1
Macronate ... 1
Mendonca In Asdas ... 1
ParkinsonOut ... 1
Pessimist Pete ... 1
philcafc ... 1
RaplhMilne ... 1
RickAddick ... 1
Rossman92 ... 1
Rudders22 ... 1
SaySomething ... 1
Seabros ... 1
seth plum ... 1
Sillybilly ... 1
T_C_E ... 1
Tavern ... 1
thai malaysia addick ... 1
ThreadKiller ... 1
addix ... 0
Beardface ... 0
Bedsaddick ... 0
Covered End ... 0
Hopeful Harriet ... 0
LenGlover ... 0
Nicholas ... 0
Pedro45 ... 0
tommo ... 0
Wellred ... 0

Comments

• Options
    edited May 5
    One point from the top of the Championship … I’ll take that. 

Thanks for a lot of fun as always @thai malaysia addick
  • Options
    edited May 5
    Rock bottom of the Championship but, fortunately for us, no relegation this year. The Chairman tells me that he is proposing to change the Club's name to "Zheng Zhi's Zealots". He also informs me that any inference from any party that this re-naming is purely to circumvent the reversed alphabet for teams with the same points next season will be met with immediate legal action. Our lawyers are watching!

In the meantime, many congratulations to West Sussex Addick on their win and commiserations to the usual suspects in and around the top. Finally, many thanks to @thai malaysia addick for once again organising this competition in a such an incredibly efficient and entertaining manner. 

"Come on you Zealots"
  • Options
    I see I ruined my chance of winning the "same place as Charlton" prize by scoring too many points in the final week!

Thanks for your work for running this. But can you change it so that when scores are level, instead of it being ordered A-Z or Z-A, it's instead done K-J, ta.
  • Options
    I see I ruined my chance of winning the "same place as Charlton" prize by scoring too many points in the final week!

Thanks for your work for running this. But can you change it so that when scores are level, instead of it being ordered A-Z or Z-A, it's instead done K-J, ta.
    I’m wondering about sorting L-A then M-Z next season but that doesn’t do me any favours. If you go all Yorkshire and change your name t’killerandflash I could sort T-Z then A-S and we would both be happy.
  • Options
    Finished just 4 points behind the winner, thanks to a storming last third of the season. I just run out of games. Congrats @WestSussexAddick

• Options
    Planning the virtual open top bus parade already. Well done to all those that pushed it to a nail biting finish and came so close.
    Thank you very much @thai malaysia addick for all your hard work doing this.
    Pressures on now to defend my title next season.
  • Options
    Well done all and thanks as always @thai malaysia addick
  • Options
    Many thanks thai malaysia addick for running this excellent competition, and congratulations westsussexaddick.
  • Options
    Thanks for running this yet again @thai malaysia addick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Congratulations West Sussex Addick and a massive thank you Thai Malaysia Addick for running such a great competition, the highlight of my week when the scores come out.
    As for my performance, the lowest position I have finished in for all of my two years in the competition and therefore a massive clear out of the squad in the summer.
    I now have it pinned up on a white board in my managers office, do not predict on Charlton!!!
  • Options
    I came, I saw, I absolutely ballsed it up!

• Options
    Thanks for organising. 👍 My season reflected that of Birmingham City. I clearly sacked a talented manager whilst flying high in the prem for a big name and started sliding and just couldn’t recover.

Bring on next season with Tony Mowbray in charge!
  • Options
    Congratulations West Sussex Addick and a massive thank you Thai Malaysia Addick for running such a great competition, the highlight of my week when the scores come out.
    As for my performance, the lowest position I have finished in for all of my two years in the competition and therefore a massive clear out of the squad in the summer.
    I now have it pinned up on a white board in my managers office, do not predict on Charlton!!!
    Never betting on Charlton was the single biggest thing my father taught me. Charlton’s unpredictability must go back a long way.
  • Options
    Well done @WestSussexAddick and thanks for organising @thai malaysia addick 

More than happy to have just about survived in the Premier League. Pressure on now to push on next season from the fans.
  • Options
    Premier league finish yet again I’ll take that.  Cheers again @thai malaysia addick for all your hard work 
  • Options
    Congratulations @WestSussexAddick nice one mate 👍 and thanks to @thai malaysia addick for keeping it going.
  • Options
    Well done @WestSussexAddick, worthy winner.  And thanks as ever to @thai malaysia addick for running this and giving us something to play for in the final weeks of a frustrating season
  • Options
    Dropped from top of the Prem to Championship, I think I'll have to sack my son and do it myself next year! Many for organising this, great job.

• Options
    Congrats to WSA and a huge thank you to TMA for once again organising for the benefit of all 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thecat said:
    Dropped from top of the Prem to Championship, I think I'll have to sack my son and do it myself next year! Many for organising this, great job.

I think you should have separate logins and bring some competitiveness to the situation. Also, there’s the chance of facing each other in the cup.
  • Options
    Thanks for your hard work over the season @thai malaysia addick
  • Options
    Thanks for organizing @thai malaysia addick

I need to now take my Neil Harris type run into next season. 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the fun @thai malaysia addick and the chance to show my complete lack of understanding of football. 
  • Options
    Fab work week in week out Thai - I would not have the dedication that you have to do what you do 👏👏👏👏

As for my prediction season 

Utter Garbage 🙄
  • Options
    Cheers Thai for another year of effort - much appreciated. Not sure what happened my end this year as I was totally Appleton all year. I promise to channel my inner Curbs next season.
  • Options
    Thanks for organizing @thai malaysia addick
  • Options
    Great work for running the Predictions League once again and many thanks for your time in doing so @thai malaysia addick .

Congrats to @WestSussexAddick for winning the title.

This was my teams worst finishing position in almost 100 years. If it wasn't for sacking the bloke with his hands in his pockets we might have finished in the bottom league.  Thanks to our new manager replacing him who inexplicably kept jumping up and down on the touch line whilst shouting in a incomprehensible accent, but he got the late form revival to save us. 
  • Options
    Thank you for all your hard work and time you put into running this TMA, appreciated! 

Well done to West Sussex for winning the title, some effort considering the amount of us who do it every week, so a big pat on the back from me. 
  • Options
    Thank you for sorting out and organizing @thai malaysia addick.  Onto next year!