Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Selling a car

I need help and advice from the good people on here. 

My father in law passed away recently and he has his old car parked on the drive. Looking for the easiest way to sell it. We are unable to place an advert and sell it privately. We can’t take it test drives for buyers as it’s not insured and is SOR.  Is this something We buy any car or similar the easiest way?

Comments

• Options
    Has it any value, or is it a scrapper. If its worth something try Motorway.
  • Options
    Why are you unable to sell it privately?

If it's worth a bit, see if any of your local car dealers will put it on their front for a percentage.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Has it any value, or is it a scrapper. If its worth something try Motorway.
    I'd second Motorway (as long as it's in reasonable condition) - I got a good price.  I'd avoid We Buy Any Car...Tried them a couple of times and they were massively under the trade in vaue I was offered...more than once.
  • Options
    It’s a Honda Jazz. Not bad condition. I can’t deal with it because of my own health. Will look at Motorway. Someone else mentioned CarWow?
  • Options
    edited May 6
    Have used both Motorway and Carwow in the last 3 years or so. Last March for Carwow. They seem to use the same model. Get you a valuation, punt it round to their dealer network in an auction like basis. If you get an offer and accept, they will come and collect. They will want a test drive I suspect but if you explain your situation they might be able to swerve any issues over sorn / insurance due to the nature of their business. Both times the cash was transferred instantly which I could check on my banking app before the car was taken away. Carwow gave a better valuation last time than Motorway. Try them both would be my advice. Webuyanycar would knock you on everything and you have to drive it to them. You will need to be able to upload a lot of pictures when you list the car.
  • Options
    It’s a Honda Jazz. Not bad condition. I can’t deal with it because of my own health. Will look at Motorway. Someone else mentioned CarWow?
    How old, mileage, service history, condition, please?  May be interested. 
  • Options
    Best bang for buck would be selling it privately, but after my most recent experience doing that, I wouldn't recommend it.

Too many scammers out there.
  • Options
    How old, mileage, service history, condition, please?  May be interested. 
    Smart
  • Options
    Used we buy any car the other week for my car that I thought would be scrapped and got more than i expected. Very easy process all sorted in 15 mins.

They sort the DVLA and tax refund which I received in a few days. Money for car itself was received immediately in my case.