Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

One For The Train Lovers , SE7

Comments

• One of our own
    He's one of our o-o-own
    William Henry Barlow
    He's one of our own!

• There are better people, though. You are setting the bar low.
    Such as?
    Such as?
    Pun on bar low
  • Comes on as sub for Isambard and scores the winner .

• fadgadget said:
    Comes on as sub for Isambard and scores the winner .

No he came on for Stephenson , who run out of puff, despite his first half rocket 
  • I was born on 10th of May in Charlton, well at the BHMB, just over the border in Woolwich 
  • "One For The Train Lovers...." all of the Charltonlife then?
    Such as?
    Arguably this bloke who saved the city from The Great Stink of 1858 (Sadly Thames Water now trying to recreate this).

If I've got this story right, Bazalgette indirectly helped help the development of London's trains (I couldn't find a reference to it on the internet though, so it may be a fiction).  The cost of Bazalgett's sewer system was so great that most other development projects in London had to be cancelled. One of those projects was to build a huge circular covered arcade which would allow people to walk around the city unhindered by traffic or bad weather. Several years later when the Circle Line was built, much of its route followed the sites of properties which had been compulsory purchased to enable the building of the doomed covered walkway.
  • If he was born in 1812, he would probably have been a Palace fan 

:(
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    If he was born in 1812, he would probably have been a Palace fan 

:(
    Make that 1512