Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace's new "illegal" sponsor

2»

Comments

• YTS1978 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Kit is horrendous and I guess the sponsorship is the last chance to have the dodgy Asian bookies money before that's banned next season? Still wouldn't be surprised if the Palace fans force a rethink though. 
    I very much doubt it Marcus. Despite all those banners, "football for fans"/"fans over profit" etc. it's just wanabee posturing from that lot. They'll keep quite and take the money, cause they know they need it.

Yeah I was hoping for something like the Norwich situation a couple of years back where the fans forced them to walk back a sponsorship with BK8 and they ended up with Lotus back on the front of their shirts like they had in the past. 

Of course I get that no one is going to compete with the kind of figures these bookmakers are willing to spend on sponsorship but I thought given how much a certain fanbase love to go on about Football For Fans and their dislike of Sky Sports that they'd be all over this one. 
    Totally agree. It will definitely be interesting to see if they pipe up in this one!
    What have they been saying so far?

(I refuse to lower myself to go into one of their shitty sites to look myself!)
  • edited June 15
    Some apology tweets coming out this morning....
  • Croydon said:
    Some apology tweets coming out this morning....
    Interesting wording - he made two statements in the tweet he deleted and hasn't specified if it's one of them or both that he's withdrawn. But scanning through his Twitter profile he seems to have deleted all mentions of both these allegations while leaving up all the others. He's asked them lots of questions about why they are in effect claiming that the business in Vietnam with the very dodgy on line presence isn't them, but while claiming to be a major global brand they haven't done anything to shut down this other company that happens to use the same logo as them. 

Lots of questions still about whether Palace did any sort of due diligence about this deal.
  • Ross said:
    Horrible sponsor to go with their equally horrible kit...

Impressive Crystal Palace 24-25 Home Kit Released - Footy Headlines
    They are determined to try to look like Barcelona.
    Have they got Catalan and proud on the back of the shirt.
    Last season they were trying to be AFC Richmond.
  • Off_it said:
    YTS1978 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Kit is horrendous and I guess the sponsorship is the last chance to have the dodgy Asian bookies money before that's banned next season? Still wouldn't be surprised if the Palace fans force a rethink though. 
    I very much doubt it Marcus. Despite all those banners, "football for fans"/"fans over profit" etc. it's just wanabee posturing from that lot. They'll keep quite and take the money, cause they know they need it.

Yeah I was hoping for something like the Norwich situation a couple of years back where the fans forced them to walk back a sponsorship with BK8 and they ended up with Lotus back on the front of their shirts like they had in the past. 

Of course I get that no one is going to compete with the kind of figures these bookmakers are willing to spend on sponsorship but I thought given how much a certain fanbase love to go on about Football For Fans and their dislike of Sky Sports that they'd be all over this one. 
    Totally agree. It will definitely be interesting to see if they pipe up in this one!

Absolutely nothing I believe!
  • YTS1978 said:
    Off_it said:
    YTS1978 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Absolutely nothing I believe!
    melts!
  • seth plum said:
    The Crystal Palace-Net88 arrangement has been in existence since 1613. It is historic, woven into the fabric of our culture, and as such it is protected as a ‘Listed Contract’.
    It was also the first ever front of shirt sponsor and was in place before shirts existed
  • Sponsored links:

• https://x.com/JosimarFotball/status/1808865579098419450?t=LdzuWfYcIHkIjG-tTpOibA&s=19

Now IPS Law who we all know plenty about have got involved 

Approx 30 minutes after we published this piece, we received a letter with the headline "Private and confidential and not for publication" from law firm IPS Law. IPS claim our article is "gravely defamatory” and demands “unequivocal retraction (…) and apology”. 1/2

IPS Law also asked us to tweet the following:
    "I know that such allegations are false and apologies to Net88 for having made them".
    We politely declined their requests.
  • Swisdom said:
    That’s really weird isn’t it!  I’ll be interested to see how this one pans out 
    Hope he f***s them over.
  • Farnell really is a piece of shit. 

I hope this ends up being his and Palarse's downfall, but unfortunately that's very wishful thinking
  • MarcusH26 said:
    https://x.com/JosimarFotball/status/1808865579098419450?t=LdzuWfYcIHkIjG-tTpOibA&s=19

Now IPS Law who we all know plenty about have got involved 

Approx 30 minutes after we published this piece, we received a letter with the headline "Private and confidential and not for publication" from law firm IPS Law. IPS claim our article is "gravely defamatory” and demands “unequivocal retraction (…) and apology”. 1/2

IPS Law also asked us to tweet the following:
    "I know that such allegations are false and apologies to Net88 for having made them".
    We politely declined their requests.
    Quite likely the reason that the apologies were produced by other journos reporting on this a couple of weeks ago.
  • Ban them from...

EVERYTHING!